Friday, October 27, 2006

Laceweight Pr0n!

So, here are the real colors of the funky stuff I posted the other day. Again, it's Artsygal's handpainted laceweight yarn, and honestly, I can't say enough about it. It's gorgeous and soft, and the colors are just awesome. Plus, Jas is a TOTAL sweetie. (Go on, go see her. You know you want to. Plus, she just put up two new colors!)

First, Purple Rain (which looks kinda pink on my monitor, but on Kris's, the colors were dead on. I think I need to tweak my monitor settings):



This next one was the source for the black and white from the other day...



Mmmmm... fields of silk and wool...


And "Chocolate and Wine" - one of the best color names EVER. :D




Happy Yarn Pr0n Friday, everyone! I'm off to finish cleaning my house before Turtlegirl arrives for a visit! Yay!

ETA: I'm still not sure why the colors are so off on these, but I'm going to have Kris check the pictures tonight when he gets home, and hopefully we can get some more accurate ones up. Seriously - the colors are so lovely, and even though these are pretty, they just aren't right.

ETA again: Ta da! Now THOSE are the correct colors. Thank you to my smartass husband, "Wool Widow". Sheesh. Like I couldn't call myself "Warcraft Widow". At least he get stuff out of MY obsession. :D

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Rain said...

That's just simply stunning

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Absolutely beautiful!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

MMMMmmmmmmm, that's some yummy yarn! Have fun with La Turtle.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its very pretty, but the colors are off on my monitor as well.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I think the chocolate and wine is my favorite, not just for the name, if the color is right on my monitor it's a fiery orange red. Just gorgeous!

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, Turtlegirl is coming?! I'm so jealous!!!

I'm drooling over your pr0n, by the way. :)

Have a great weekend!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tease! Taunting me with a promise of pics all week.. and the colours are off over here too! That's really weird that they look right on Kris's puter since over here I didn't even recognize them as the same yarns I sent you!

Jas

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... I'm not sure what was wrong with the color cast on those pictures, but they have (hopefully) been corrected. The colors were just plain wrong. Management apologizes for any confusion this may have caused. ;)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

The yarn is nice. Truly it is, but um, your husband's blogger id is HI-larious!!!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, that is gorgeous..Love the close ups!! Yummy stuff there! :0\)

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

oh what a delicious post. The colors look wonderful on my monitor so I can only imagine how pretty it is in real life!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

yummy! What are these lovely skeins going to be? Hope you are having a great weekend with Turtlegirl.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Oh, I love the blending of the colours in the chocolate and wine yarn...

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I can't decide if the pictures are "just as" gorgeous, or "even prettier" than the real thing.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Love the artsy colors!

Colors after my own tastes those....

MMmmmm.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said...

damn that's some good pr0n! *swooning*

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger OLPP said...

GASP!!

I have some chocolate and wine lace TOO! And in fact, I'm knitting some random lace with it! We're yarn twins!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home