Saturday, September 23, 2006

Blogstalking - Movies

OK, you've had the opportunity to mock my Science Fiction book collection, now you can mock my movie collection. Do you see how much I love my Knitty friends?

You've seen them in this form, courtesy of the Macro Shot Challenge:
Now, you get to see what is INSIDE the boxes (Kassett boxes from IKEA, if anyone is interested. I love 'em.)
Some personal faves from the collection:
Seasons one and two of the BEST SHOW ON TV:
Seasons one and two of Fraggle Rock, and season one of The Muppet Show (as I wait impatiently for season two):
Three, count 'em THREE different editions of The Wizard of Oz (possibly all of which were Christmas presents from my brother at different times):
Volumes 1, 2, and 3 of Broadway's Lost Treasures - performances from past Tony Awards. LOVE these:
And the Broadway shows I own (not movie versions like Chicago - actual stage productions):
And yes, that is The Hoff in Jekyll and Hyde. And I even like him in it. Sweeney Todd is without a doubt the favorite, though. Hmm... and I just realized that I must have missed Passion when I pulled those out...

So, those are my (our) movies. Let the mocking begin. :D

(Oh, and I would post pics of our videotapes, but we JUST packed them up, and I'm not digging them out just for this. So deal. :P

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger SarahJanet said...

No mocking here - how can I argue with somebody who knows that Veronica Mars is the best show EVER? My friends and I are splitting a subscription to digital cable just so we can watch it. Stupid Canada and its lack of CW on regular cable.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Avrienne said...

No mocking here, either--I just got season one of both Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show for my birthday a few months ago!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Qeltic said...

Absolutely no mocking! Love VM both seasons. I loved Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show. And I read Sci-Fi as well. Applause, applause! (Why, yes, that IS a theatre reference as well ...)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I love Veronica Mars! She was Flora in Deadwood. She was such a wench in that role, in a clever way, that I had to see what her new show was about when it first came on. I've been hooked ever since. =)

I'm so jealous of the Fraggle Rock DVDs it's not even funny.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Rain said...

What have you done! I now have the Fraggle Rock song stuck on repeat in my head - only it's the naughty version.

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, we don't love the same shows, but your taste in storage is fabuulous! I love those boxes! The tiny librarian child inside me weeps with joy! I must have them!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Mtwelovett said...

I recognized some of those spines... ;) (like that Muppet set from Time..) You need to get Into the Woods if you don't have it...but Sweeney is my favorite too, even if it isn't the entire original cast.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love the boxes!!! Waaa I wanna have an IKEA!!!

Oh neat movies too, but I was just here for the boxes LOL! :)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

Nice collection, and beautifully organized. It's fun to look at the spines and see which ones look familiar from my own collection.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Criosa said...

no mocking from me neither. stealing more like it. must find Sweeney so I can torture my Broadway-loving friend with it. (and the dh. Into the Woods drives him nuts, but he's liked Sweeney the few times he's heard it). I'll take the rest of the B'way collection as well. and the Muppets & Fraggles.

*is jealous*

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I like the movies!

I like the boxes more actually.......so cute!

And I really like that STR yarn....Titania. Must get some!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I saw your shelves there and kinda freaked, but then I remembered you don't live in earthquake country!

Yay! Another Muppethead!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home