Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Yarn Not-Pr0n

So, Kris and I were taking pictures last night (ok, he was taking them, I was sitting on the bed reading), and he started playing in Photoshop a little bit. He took some of the yarn pr0n that will be posted on Friday and turned it into funky art! All of the yarn is Artsygal's handpainted silk/wool laceweight, which arrived Monday and is my new love. You'll see it's true colors on Friday. (If you go see her shop, tell her I sent you!)

I love how the texture and shine of the yarn comes through on this one. I think we might do an all black-and-white YPF some week, just to show off the textures.

He played with the colors on this one, if you hadn't guessed.

And this one, he used something called "glowing edges" - isn't it funky? I love how it picked up on every bit of fluff that haloes around the yarn.
I'm having a hard time blogging lately. I think it's just that it's tough to talk about my WIP's when they are Christmas gifts, and I know that some of the recipients read this. So, I feel like I don't really have much to talk about. I should have some stuff to post after the Halloween party this weekend (Yay! Turtlegirl is coming up!), and Stitches East next weekend (Yay! Betsy is coming up!). After that, it may just be YPF for a while. Oh, and I AM still working on my Vegas recap. That will go up someday. :D

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger lkmanitou said...

Neato, Photoshopped yarn! The glowing edges pics reminds me of bean sprouts. :)

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay.. yarn! It looks mighty familiar.. I wonder why? ;)

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got some of her yarn. It's gorgeous.
The photoshop effects are fun.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I so need to play with photoshop more. *sigh* The most I do with my pics is the Autofix on Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

Yay Friday!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I love photoshop!! Best program ever!

I'm having the same problems blogging my WIPs as well. But for slightly different reasons...

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh yarn pr0n with a twist, I love it! Beautiful!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Looks yummy, can't wait to see it in person. So looking forward to my trip up. :-)

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Cool pics...I so need to re=install or get a new photoshop one day! Wish I could sneak in a certain someone's car this weekend...one day..one day ;)

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Cool pics...I so need to re=install or get a new photoshop one day! Wish I could sneak in a certain someone's car this weekend...one day..one day ;)

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are fantastic - I LOVE me the photoshop. :) I hear ya about the xmas presents and blogging, but at least I like reading your blog with or without knitting content, so.... keep rambling! :)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Hey sweetie, glad you're enjoying the tea! Love the artsy pr0n. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home