Friday, September 22, 2006

It's FRIDAY!

And you know what that means! Yarn pr0n! (All pictures are posted at 400 px wide here, but you can click on them if you want to see them even bigger)
This first one is not yarn pr0n - it's too far away, and Turtlegirl will yell at me if I try to claim that it is legitimate pr0n. It is an establishing shot of today's subject: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in "Titania", the newest shipment from the Rockin' Sock Club. I just wanted to show how all of the colors work together in the full skein.
Blue and orange at one end
Slightly overspun bits at the other.
A swirling vortex of green and purple
And back to blue and orange
I did, of course, enlist Kris again this week. At some point, he's going to have an evening when he'd rather be playing World of Warcraft, but until then, I plan to exploit his camera skills to the utmost. :D

Incidentally, when I asked him last night about taking these, I commented that if I didn't post something today, Turtlegirl would come hurt me. His response? "At least that would mean she was visiting!" His concern for me is remarkably underwhelming, but at least he seems to like you, Cristi!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awww! Nice job there, much better than mine!! (took pics of the same but went with another ;)I do love this skein the best I think!

Oh, and love the ticker!!!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Dk's Wife said...

That yarn will knit up into some pretty socks!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Avrienne said...

Mad photography skills > WoW

I have to bug my husband sometimes to stop PvPing and take a picture of me modeling something...I play too, but I recently quit raiding (guild drama!) so he's on a lot more than me these days. More time to knit, I say!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Love it. I do like the first shot establishing the whole skein! I can't wait for my shipment!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yay!

You know he just wants to hear the other end of the conversation. The incessant laughing has GOT to keep him curious. Heh.

That's some beautiful pr0n. Wow.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Clare said...

Great pics, lovely yarn.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Mag said...

Mmmmmm, delicious.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nearly licked my screen. :) Hooray for YPF!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Mmmmmm....so pretty. I wish I had photo skills like Kris.

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Acornbud said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home