Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Baby Bolero #1 Done!

This is really a quick and easy knit. I finished it up last night while watching Scrubs and House.

And I just love the little eyelet detail on the back. I'm trying to decide if I want to make them all different, and if so, what they should all be. The actual color of the sweater is somewhere between the two pictures. It's not quite the grass green in the big picture, but it's definitely not as pastel as the detail shot. Green Apple really is a good name for it.

OK, well, I should probably be off to (finally) finish my FYS pics. Once I get that done, I can attack the housecleaning that needs to be done before the Inspector General* arrives on Friday.

*My Mom. Don't get me wrong - I love her and I am glad she and Dad are coming down for the weekend. After my grandmother passed away, my grandfather used to go to Florida with my uncle for baseball spring training. My mom always double-checked what he was packing, so he jokingly dubbed her the Inspector General. I only call her that in reference to my housecleaning. (And because I miss my Grandpa.)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Kim said...

oh my! That is so cute! Do you think it would work for a baby boy?

I need to give that book a closer look :o)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Very sweet! A wonderful advertisement for Shine Worsted, too. I may just have to try that stuff next time I'm knitting for a little one.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love it! Too cute! :)

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! The more finished projects I see made from Shine, the more I want some.

One Skein is easily my favorite knitting book to come along in awhile, I've already finished one project from it and am planning two others.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I do love that bolero. Sadly, the only baby that was around has grown into a toddler. I don't see her very often (she's not related to me).
Great green! My fave color.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Annie said...

So sweet! Love the detail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home