Sunday, March 12, 2006

Quickie FO

I needed to do something after finishing Hillary's scarf on Friday, and my order from Little Knits arrived, so I decided to go with that. I had gotten 2 balls of Noro Blossom in the red/fuschia mix, and hadn't decided what to do with it yet. I was flipping through some patterns that I had printed, and I came across the Bloom shawl from the Fall issue of Knitty. It called for 5 skeins of Blossom, so I ordered 3 more hanks from Little Knits in the same color. I started this Friday night, and finished it a few minutes ago:
The colors are a little hard to see on the blocking board (my new one - yay!), but it is really pretty. The Noro striping works wonderfully in this pattern (as intended). Kris keeps oohing and aahing at it. (And yes, I know that there are a couple of ends still to be woven in.)

Now I just have to wait for it to dry. Which is why it is propped up in my craft room with a fan pointed at it. =) Modeled pics will follow when it is dry, hopefully tomorrow.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Dang, you are fast!!! Nice work.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

I can't get over how fast you knit. I'm going to start sending you my WIPs. ;-)

That's really neat yarn!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a quick knitter. The shawl looks fantastic.

Necia

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is gorgeous! You speedy knitter you! :)

 
At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it modeled! I recently finished a Bloom done in Kureyon and I've really been enjoying it so far. Don't you just love the short rows? That pattern was fun, I'm thinking of doing another one for a friend.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger aija said...

"Quickie"?? Wow, its beautiful-- can't wait to see modelled shots!

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger tocspaw said...

The stripes really look terrific in this shawl! Great job! I can't wait to see it modeled...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home