Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Haaaaave you met Morrigan?

(Anyone else a fan of "How I Met Your Mother"? Barney's game of "Haaaaaave you met Ted?" Anyone?)

So, on my StitchDC trip, I finally scored a copy of the elusive No Sheep For You by the oh-so-fabulous Amy Singer. In flipping through it, I found this:

(Photo ganked from here, the blog of the amazing woman who knit the original) (And by "ganked", I mean copied and uploaded to my Photobucket, not hotlinked. I know better than to steal bandwidth)

Is that not one of the most beautiful sweaters you have ever seen? The cables... the neckline... Ah... I'm in lust. Did I mention it is done in Rowan Calmer, possibly one of the softest, snuggliest, bounciest cotton-blend yarns ever? Yeah.

So, my search began. I was looking for a deal on Calmer. And I lucked into one. CucumberpatchUK had some, including an awesome deal on one color:

That would be color #486 "Tangerine", which is now waiting patiently to become my very own Morrigan. I got it for $3.99 a ball. (Let me say that again - $3.99 a ball for Rowan Calmer. I adore CucumberpatchUK) I cannot wait.

But, I will wait. I will be a good girl and finish the Fair Isle Cardigan before I start on the beauty that is Morrigan.

Incidentally, Morrigan is far from the only pattern in this book that I WILL be making. In fact, I plan on doing quite a few of them. This is a superb collection of patterns, not to mention Amy's awesome work on the characteristics of all sorts of non-animal-based fibers (ok, silkworms are animals... mostly non-animal-based).

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger kemtee said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG is that not the absolute epitome of sweater heaven? AAAAAAHH!

Sorry. Got a little out of control there.

I almost bought that Calmer out from under you. If I hadn't come to my yarn diet senses (and realized that I have at least six tops in the queue already), I might have. As it is, I'm glad you've got it.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Wow, that's a whole lot of cables, I am in awe. As pretty as it is, I don't think I have the stamina for it (evidence: stalled out on J's cabled sweater). CucumberpatchUK rocks--I've bought stuff from there before. Can't wait to see you get started.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

PS I think "How I met your mother?" is hysterical.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Very nice sweater!! Can't wait to see yours in that color! :)

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it was calmer before I even saw the label. I'm knitting a sweater with it and it's the best cotton ever!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger GabyMarti said...

Let me know if you like this Rowan Calmer. You know I'm a big fan of Eco-Friendly yarns and I'm always looking excuses to expand my stach. :-)

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Sigh. I need this book. The more I hear about it, the more I yearn for it!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

That is an awesome color for that sweater. I love it. It's a great off-beat kind of choice for a traditional-ish pattern :)

And you're right, that book is teh awesome.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Ok, that sweater alone makes me want to get that book.....

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Rain said...

That's gorgeous. Can't wait to see yours - talk about a bargain.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Holy shit. $3.99 a ball? For CALMNER? Holy shit.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Kristina B said...

I just got the Blush Calmer from Cucumberpatch! The tangerine is great too - hard choice. Good luck with the Morrigan... I'll be starting mine about a month from now, probably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home