Friday, March 09, 2007

Stitch DC Pr0n!

Some of the goodies from my trip to Stitch DC last weekend.

Some Hemp for Knitting Allhemp6 in "Lilac", which will be combined with the same in "Deep Sea" (a nice deep blue) to make "The Bag" from No Sheep for You.


And finally, some Hemp for Knitting Allhemp3 in "Sprout", which will be combined with the same in "Foggy" (a light silvery-gray) for I have no idea what. :D

And if you are wondering why I have so much of the Allhemp... I bought the Deep Sea at Stitch DC's Super Bowl Sunday sale last year, with no real plan for it. The more I thought about it, I decided I needed more to do something other than a scarf. So, I picked up the "Foggy" on another trip to Stitch DC. Unfortunately, I'm an idiot and bought the other weight. Hence picking up some of each weight this time to actually DO something with it. And bless Zib (who has been internetless for FAR too long, we miss her!), she has a beautiful bag pattern in NSFY that calls for the Allhemp6! So, one question answered, anyway.

Oh, and if you haven't seen it yet, the new Spring Knitty is up! I've only briefly peeked at it (busy couple of days around here), but there is some great stuff. I already know I'll be making the bmp socks for Kris at some point. All his coworkers will be jealous. :D

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

Woooo! First comment! *dancedance*

Anyway, what yummy stuff, I can't wait to see it worked up. I've picked a pattern for my capelet in that stuff; one skein has exactly the yardage required for the Cold Shoulder capelet in S'n'B Crochet. In theory. Different gauge, so I may need to play around with the pattern.

Spring Knitty is awesome! I think once I learn to do socks, Alex is gonna need those bmp socks too. I need that striped Noro vest...

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

I'm friends with a prOn star.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee, I like the way you have color combos of yarn picked out to work together...but for what project, you don't know. ;0)

I can't wait to get my mitts on NSFY!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

That Lilac is AMAZING! I just had to stop and stare at the color for a moment.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one with green and purple on the brain! Love the photos, they're really inspiring.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I lurve the colors and the texture seems interesting as well!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

that green makes me so ready for spring! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Rain said...

I love those colours. I've never seen hemp in the wild so I can't wait to see how it works up.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger GabyMarti said...

I love these yarns, I think you did a great selection. I love to knit and crochet with Eco-Friendly yarns. Now you are making me to go and buy them. Good excuse, right? I recently move to Bowie and I'm looking for a Knitting or Crochet Group, please let me know. By the way, I love your blog.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger GabyMarti said...

I sent you an email but it came back for some reason. Anyway, thank you for responding me so quickly, I'm looking forward to get the information and to meet you. Have a great day! You can send me an email to: Gabriela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home