Monday, February 26, 2007

Overdue Thank-yous

So, I'm a bit behind on posting these. The fabulous Ali organized a Knitty Valentines Day swap (which of course degenerated into lots of jokes about giving people VD...), and my package from the lovely thistlerain arrived on the best day possible - Feb. 15th, while we were dealing with no power, no internet, moving Kris's fish temporarily to our friends' house so that they didn't freeze to death.... It was a crappy day, and this made me smile:

An adorable Woodstock card, a mini photo album with my initial on the front, a notepaper cube (with a little drawer in the bottom), chocolate (Lindt Milk Chocolate with wafers... mmmm), some Peaches 'n Cream cotton in a lovely dusty pink, plue, and white mix, and some bright red Paton's Classic Wool. Thank you thistlerain!!!

Another package arrived while I was dealing with the Comcast mess - my sock swap package from Jenneke!!!
My bee-YOOOOO-tiful socks (which fit perfectly, but I wasn't putting my feet up on the table, so I'll have to get a modeled shot later), the pattern for said socks (in case I needed to re-do any part of them), a zipper case with some artwork from a Dutch kids' book, THREE skeins of sock yarn (all gorgeous), a Grolsch beer postcard (clearly, Jenneke knows me well), and some Dutch goodies - some caramel waffle cookies, salty licorice (apparently a love-it-or-hate-it thing - I'm intrigued but haven't actually tried it yet), honey vanilla chamomile tea, and Kruidnoten (sp?) - cookies that are only available around Christmas. Thank you so much for everything, Jenneke - it's lovely, and it's been a blast getting to know you!

I've made some good progress on my Fair Isle cardigan (on stripe #14 of 18 on the body) - I'll try to get a picture tonight or tomorrow.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

There must be a magic age before which you need to first try some of these "regional specialties" like marmite and salty licorice. Kind of like learning a second language.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

WOW!

So cool!

I love those sockies, and GLAD you're back with internets!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Rain said...

What lovely packages and just at the right time too.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Nederlass said...

Ohhh, kruidnoten and stroopwafels!!!
That's some Dutch lovin for ya indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home