Thursday, February 08, 2007

Vacation Yarn Pr0n

By the rules in this article from Knitty, this qulifies as Souvenir Yarn because I bought it at Great Yarns in Raleigh last weekend with Mtwelovett, but I do actually have plans for it. :D

My very first Malabrigo! Yes, I know - it sounds crazy, but I've honestly not owned any before now. It's lovely stuff, though, very soft and squishy! (But not "yummy", Bezzie - I'm trying to stop using that one so much. ;) ) This is the "Dark Earth" colorway, and the three skeins I picked up are destined to become another Calorimetry (Oh, yeah. I made one out of Paton's SWS. I just haven't gotten a picture yet.) and a My So-Called Scarf. If there is enough yarn left, I will probably also make some wristwarmers.



Following along in the same color scheme, I picked up some Artyarns Ultramerino4 in color 105.Very soft stuff, which will be (of course) socks for me at some point.



And two progress shots of my KnitPicks Palette Cardigan (my Fair Isle February project) - three pattern stripes done, 15 to go on the body, plus the sleeves. Honestly, I'm surprised at how quickly it is going so far, but I have to say, I am totally thrilled with it. I'm even looking forward to the steeks! (That would be because I am clearly insane, of course. Happily, I've long since accepted and embraced that part of me.)

Closeup!

Once again, Happy Friday, all!

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

LOL. Thanks for the tip on souvenir yarn! And that fair isle still has my head spinning. Amazing! Great to see you today.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous pics! I love those colorways! Your fair isle is looking really awesome too! Go you! :)

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Your fair isle looks stunning so afr.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

That Dark Earth color is beautiful! Can't wait to see the finish projects with it.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Lovely sweater. That is so impressive!

Souvenir yarn is one of the best kinds!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

ooh, I love your earthy colors with the pinks mixed in.

Also, I thought you'd like to know that when I googled yarn pron, you were the fourth person that came up! :D

Love your fair isle. I can't wait to see more wip pics!

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fair isle - it looks like a box of crayons! (In a good way!)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger kemtee said...

Cool how two totally different yarns still manage to match so well. Keep going on the fair isle -- you've got a good start!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the sweater!!! I am planning on right now (the Venizia sweater from IK W06) but it is still in the planning stages. Just the thought of the steeks are freaking my beans though.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Dk's Wife said...

Very beautiful fair isle knitting Trillian!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Knit Masala said...

I've actually never owned Malabrigo, either - something I need to rectify soon! Yours is lovely, as is the Artyarns - really pretty colors.

I'm also very impressed with the fair isle sweater. Don't know that I'm for that challenge yet!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Awesome, all of it. I can't believe you haven't fallen for the Malabrigo before. The fair isle looks vibrant, I like it. You'll have to post pre- and post- steeks pics when you get to it.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Mtwelovett said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Mtwelovett said...

oops that was weird... it was supposed to say....


MMMMM pretty.. oh wait.. I was there! :) Maybe I have the souvenir Malabrigo, since I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the color I bought.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Batty said...

I am in awe of your mad FI skillz! I'm finishing up some socks and getting ready to cast on my own FI project.

Nice pr0n too. Yarrrn!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

*eyes bug out*

dayum!

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger amylin said...

Nice sweater. I love your yarn.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

No no, not yummy at all ;-) But still quite nice.

Loving that fair isle!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home