Thursday, April 27, 2006

Prosperous Plum Update

Dear Joanna,*

I am completely in love with the Prosperous Plum pattern you have created. It's really enjoyable to knit, and totally addictive. Seriously, I started it on Sunday, and even after ripping back the entire picot hem once, this was where I was as of last night (Woo hoo! No makeup! And a tattoo!):

My only complaint at this point is that I have to wait for you to finish resizing the last part of the pattern. I have considered using the directions for the original size and just going for it, but somehow I think that violates the idea of "test knitting". So, can you maybe speed things up a little? I feel like a junkie waiting for a fix.

Love,
Pam

Seriously, though, folks - this is a kick-ASS pattern. Once she has it up, I really recommend it for anyone who enjoys textured knitting. It has this awesome balance between the lace and cable sections, which keep things interesting enough that you don't want to put it down, and the stockinette sections, which are small enough to go by quickly without being monotonous.

Oh, and when she says it needs to be done with negative ease? She's not kidding. Mine has 4" of negative ease, and I almost feel like I could have done more (not quite, but almost).

*And yes, I did tell her that this was totally tongue-in-cheek. I'm just in a weird mood this morning.


ETA: CBear - I'm getting 19sts/4" on size 8 Addis.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Looks good! I've been obsessing over knit tank patterns so this is probably going to make it on my list.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. I can't wait for her to have a pattern up for more sizers. How cool that you're testing this for her, enabling her to get a pattern out to the world, all the sooner! It truly does look good on you.

Necia

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow it looks great, I just love the design!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is absolutely my next project! It just speaks to me. I even have yarn in my stash for it. But I need those ohter sizes too, like for a 40" bust. Will there be instructions for that?

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

ava - Those pictures of me show it ON a 40" bust! She has it written for up to a 44" finished measurement, which will fit up to a 48" bust! (She doesn't have the wider size range posted yet)

Now do you see why I totally heart her?

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Wow, Wow..that looks super fantastic, I'm in a summer tank mood too since I'm down here in the hot coastal carolina, this might be on my next to do list.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, yea! Can't wait for the pattern!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Lookin' good Pam!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Looking awesome! Wow! I can't wait to make this either! BTW, glad I've been reading as I thought the pattern was already sized for ..ahem..us. I would be making the same size as you. Also looking forward to the new sizes :) :)

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

Muahahaha!

I'd need a 40" bust too! It looks lovely and like it would be a fun fun fun knit! I can't wait to see the finished product on you!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Yay! I've been waiting for the larger sizes on this top - I'm so jealous of you right now :)

Looks fantastic so far, can't wait to see the finished product!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

any word on the final publication of prosperous plum?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home