Monday, April 10, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust!

Yes, that's right - Bolero #3 is done! I really do love this pattern, but I am definitely taking a break before doing the last one. (And damn, do I need to clean my windows!)

I am trying to decide what I can make for myself out of this yarn - it's so soft and yummy.

I've gotten a bit further on my Serena and my Jaywalkers. I really love both of the patterns, and I'm going to try to get the Serena done before I start bolero #4.

Post Stash Flash, I've been trying to be better about buying yarn based solely on the "Ooh! Pretty!" factor. I have a number of things in my stash that I'm just not sure I'll ever be able to use, simply because I didn't buy enough to make anything other than a scarf. I'd really rather not continue adding to that pile. (I'm also considering going through the RAK thread on the Knitty Coffeeshop to find some of them new homes).

Anyway, when Roxy posted a link to the Yarn Focus Challenge, which I had also seen on Stariel's, Criosa's and Nimrodel's blogs, I took it as a sign that maybe I was meant to get in on this. Basically, the challenge runs from April 1 through June 30. Participants are to refrain from buying yarn during that time. The nice thing about this one, though, is that you get one "freebie" day per month when you ARE allowed to buy yarn. So, I'm still all set to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool! (Because, seriously, does anyone think that I would make it through my first MS&W without buying anything? Pfah!) I did order some yarn from WEBS last week (the cotton for Hush Hush and the Cascade for Kris's sweater), so I'm counting that as my free day for April, even though it happened before I technically signed up. I've certainly got plenty of stash to keep me going, so I'm not really concerned that I'm going to run out of yarn.

On the blog format issue - the amazingly fabulous chacha found the stray tag that was fouling up my sidebar, so everything is back where it belongs. Yay!

And for those interested, Kris has now added fishies to his aquarium. 2 Zebra Danios and 3 Flame Tetras. All are swimming about happily. He's going to add another few fish next weekend - not sure what he's getting just yet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Seriously, last year for MS&W, weren't we both like, "What is it, a bunch of sheep on display? Meh. We don't need to go to that, do we?" Oh, how little we knew. :)

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job! Mine is coming along! Glad Kris got his fish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home