Thursday, March 02, 2006

Project status

Apparently, by the time you are working on your third Vintage Velvet scarf, you go into autopilot. I've been working on Rick's for less than a week, and I'm about half-way through ball #3 of the yarn. It's about 33" long at the moment, and I have 7 repeats done. It should end up with 12-ish repeats when all is said and done. And as soon as this one is done, I'll start on Hillary's. I would like to have some of it done when she comes over for the Oscar party Sunday night, just to show her.

I've been alternating one repeat of the scarf with one repeat on my socks. Clearly, I have discovered the key for making socks for myself - patterns! No more boring stockinete for me! I turned the heels yesterday, and got another couple of rows done while I was waiting for my hair appointment with Jessica (she of the fluffy pink purse). She did a great job on the color. If it wasn't all crappy and dreary out, and I wasn't here alone, I'd post a picture of it. Maybe later. Anyway, here are the socks, post-heel-turning:

And yes, I am aware that my ankles are blindingly white. I am naturally pasty, and it's March for goodness sakes! Hopefully, I'll get another repeat or two done today and then maybe I can wear them for the party on Sunday. Yay!

And I'm still deciding what I want to do with the other Koigu. I'm debating Pomatomus, or Falling Leaves at the moment, with other possibilities bouncing around as well. (Like Crusoe, for example) I'll figure something out. I can't cast on until these ones are done, anyway. Unless my order from Jeff Wonderland gets here before then, of course...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Cute socks. I have yet to even try one pair but then again, me and the small diameter knitting not the best of friends. But there is all that pretty sock yarn out there...maybe when I come through town. :-)

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger aija said...

They look great :) I've been thinking about toe up socks lately too-- your pic has me thinking even more now!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Hmmm, a toe up pattern. Cathy's been on me to try that. I really love the way a heel flap fits, but that pattern is pretty darn cool... my hunter green yarn may just have to be Wyvern socks.

BTW, I have some latent Geek in my heritage too! ;-) I learned to RPG in college -- my now DH was the DM. *grin* I called him over to the computer the other night to look at your dice bag pattern. I do love my dice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home