Thursday, February 16, 2006

Olympic Update - Day 6

Wow - is it really Day 7, or have I miscounted? ETA: Yup - I miscounted. Day 1 was Saturday. They don't count the day of Opening Ceremonies.

Anyway, I finished knitting my second sleeve last night while watching the very cute American men moguls skiers. Seriously - if I had known skiers were that hot, I might have considered trying it.

So, here we are as of today:
We have a front, a back, and two sleeves! All that is left is to assemble the sweater and do the neck edging (which I think is just pick up stitches and then immediately bind them off), and then a light blocking.

I am still a little nervous about the assembly using the Patons Lacette. The mohair in it tends to make it a little grabby, and since I'm not the world's fastest hand stitcher, it may take me a while to get this thing together. Plus, this will be the first time I have done set-in sleeves. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

If all goes really well today and tomorrow, I might even be able to wear this to see Bebe Neuwirth tomorrow night, which I had said in my original post about deciding to make this sweater, before I realized that I was off on the dates involved! Too weird.

Oh - and check out the Olympics countdown timer I snagged from the Yarn Harlot. (Over there - in the sidebar) Isn't it fun?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Yay! Looks great!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Fabulous! I can't wait to see pics of you in it. (I'll let you know what niece #1 thinks of her Jessica purse. I'll be starting the next one soon.)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Very Fab indeed! Have you slept any in the last few days...inquiring minds want to know? :) Can't wait to see you model it. It is awesome! Me..I too miscalculated...I mean today should only be day 6 you mean they count the first day???

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I think that means you got the gold medal! I can't wait to see it modeled. Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home