Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Lamb Chop Would Be Proud...

... or possibly horrified.

I have decided that 2 completed projects is enough to make me feel like an Olympic success, so I will not be declaring anything else "official" events. That doesn't mean I don't have challenges for myself.

For example - Kris's socks. I ordered this yarn in my first-ever Knit Picks order, back in September. I cast them on back in November or December, and they languished for a while at the just-past-the-toe point. I picked them back a while ago, and did get some work done on them in Omaha. I turned the corner (ok, the heels) on them shortly before the beginning of the Olympics, and have been doing the ribbing (3x2) ever since. Hence the title of this post and the following ditty, which has been running through my head (with apologies to the late Shari Lewis)

These are the socks that never end
They just go on and on, my friend.
Somebody started knitting them, not knowing what they was
And she'll continue knitting them forever just because...

And yes, I know the grammar is wrong - it's a rhyme thing. =) I asked Kris how long he wanted the cuffs, and he said "Can you just go until you run out of yarn?". When will I learn not to ask him things about knitting projects? This is how I got to do the cabled sweater (yes - the one I just turned into a turtleneck). So, I've been doing 3x2 ribbing. And the yarn just keeps coming. I weighed it tonight - I have 22g left of each ball. Put together, that's almost a FULL BALL of yarn. How can I have that much left when I am making socks for a man with size 12 feet? I swear - these are going to be knee socks by the time they are (finally) finished. Insane.

I got a little something in the mail today. Clearly, my SP is a part of the "Postcard confusion" contingent, since this came postmarked from Boston, and from my first package, I know my SP is from Canada. I've been really good about not snooping, though, so I still don't know who she is.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's the 2 circulars working for you on those socks? I've had that pattern printed for the longest, and never attempted to wrestle with 2 needles. My hubby will never get socks from me. He wears a size 15 boot.

Necia

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

I LOVE working on 2 circs. I actually don't mind dpn's at all, but I like being able to avoid Second Sock Symdrome.

Size 15's? Man - I wouldn't want to knit those either! =)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

*laugh* Can't wait to see your husband modeling those socks. Aren't the stripes fun?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home