Monday, February 27, 2006

New projects!

I went to Knit Happens with Hillary and Rick last week to pick up some Muench Touch Me so that I could make each of them a Vintage Velvet scarf, since Rick fell in love with Kris's at the bar last weekend. They didn't have enough of the colors that they wanted, so they ordered it from the website, but I picked up some Koigu KPPPM in P314 and P334, and some Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in Gold Hill.

Then the yarn that they ordered arrived here on Friday, so I was able to start Rick's scarf. Here, we are about 1/4 of the way through - almost done with the first ball of yarn and the 3rd pattern repeat.

I adore working with this yarn. It is so unbelievably soft and cushy, and Rick picked a great color (#3601 - Plum). Hillary's will be in color #3640 - Darkest Lilac. If I can keep up this pace, I might have Rick's done by this weekend. Not sure about that, but it would be awesome.

In between repeats on the scarf, I cast on some of the Koigu (the P314) to make Marnie MacLean's Wyvern Socks. I am about 3 repeats into the foot part of the pattern so far. I am really loving the way they are working up!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:08 AM, Blogger aija said...

I dig your wyvern colors, they're a really fun sock to knit.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

That's a very interesting sock pattern. The colors you're using are very pretty.

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf looks so plush and soft. I'm over here imagining a bed spread in that yarn, can you imagine! Lol.

Necia

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Those scarves are popular, eh? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home