Thursday, February 23, 2006

Two Words

Woo and hoo!

I had a discussion last night with hubby regarding the current length of his socks and the amount of yarn left. When he realized that I wasn't actually kidding about then turning into knee socks, he told me to forget using up the yarn and just make them the same length as a pair of his other socks. I checked those today, and I was actually able to cast off the neverending socks! They ended! Yay!

Pics to follow once my model is home from work.

ETA: And now, my hubby in his natural habitat - at his computer.
Oh, yes, and his socks. His not knee-high socks, which he has pronounced very comfy and warm.

I forgot to post this earlier. As I was watching the Olympics Tuesday night, Rowena joined me. The Ladies' Short Program was on, and Rowena did something I have never seen her do before - she stood there and watched the tv. She was completely entranced by this one skater (and now I don't remember who it was - one of the Japanese women, I think). As soon as this skater was done, Rowena lost interest and walked away. Seriously - she has never even glanced at the tv before, and she was just suddenly fascinated by this skater. Silly, silly cat.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Ginamonster said...

Oh hooray! I have not tried socks yet, I keep pulling apart my wristlets because I lose track of what stitch I'm on and end up with a moss stitch instead of a rib. Maybe I will put socks a bit farther down on my list of things to knit. I never thought I would get beyond "scarf" and "washcloth".

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Awww, I wanted to see a grown man wearing stripey blue knee socks! :-D Congrats on another FO!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Awww Rowena is sooooo pretty.

*jealous*

I have yet to finish my first sock LOL but yours look fantastic!

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger snowdrop said...

Socks... I've always been afraid, my Mom says they're easy enough once you get the hang of the heel... I've been hearing that forever! And I've still yet to try, but soon...

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Great Socks! Hey your Kitty s pretty amazing, she may have picked the gold medal winner there if it was one of the Japanese skaters she was fascinated with. :-)

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Great socks! Glad they are done aren't you ;) My hubby asked me tonite...when are you gonna make mine..like, when I first asked him he said no way...well, for home wear...I am still making my KO bag..ughh!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home