Friday, February 10, 2006

We have Cast On!

Although it wasn't easy.

So, at 2:00 this afternoon, I sat down with my yarn and my needles, and asked hubby to grab the camera.

And wow, what an odd expression I have on my face. Of course, it was nothing compared to the look on my face a few minutes later, when I realized that I had used the WRONG YARN (the Silverlash) when casting on. Ribbit...ribbit...ribbit.
So...

We cast on again with the Glittalic - the correct yarn (although, still a weird expression). *sigh* I changed to the MC yarn (the Lacette), worked the first four rows of my lace pattern, and then realized that I was supposed to have changed yarns to the Silverlash after the first two rows. Ribbit...ribbit...ribbit.

Happily, once I got past those first obstacles, I made it through the first full repeat of the lace pattern on the back of the sweater.

So, here's to more progress, and less frogging going forward!

(Oh, and the big wooden thing on the wall is a crokinole board. It's a game that we have gotten hooked on via some of Kris's Penn State friends, and I bought him the board for our 3rd anniversary back in 2001.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Looking good! I'm gonna post mine on Sat....hehe not like it'll be a great amount or anything ;)

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

oooo, sparkly! That's really pretty. Hope the frogs leave you alone now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home