Wednesday, June 20, 2007

WIP Update

So, I've been surprisingly faithful to one project since last week's WIP Wednesday post. In fact, other than swatching for the Mystery Stole 3 KAL (more on that in a minute), I've only worked on my Molly Weasley Sleeves.

Last week, I showed you this picture, but like I said then, that wasn't an accurate depiction of where I was on the project. This is a little more accurate picture of where I was:
Since then, I've gotten to here: (And yes, I know this is a crap picture. I'm babysitting, and therefore can't really get everything up to Kris's studio with the good lighting.)
I'm hoping that I will be able to finish this up sometime this weekend. I have 4 more rounds left to finish the sleeve on the right, there, and then I need to catch the other one up and finish it. Once that is done, I have to weave in the ends, and voila! On the recommendation of some of my knitting group buddies, I found a denim jacket at Old Navy's website, and I'll be attaching the sleeves to that instead of a sweater. I think they will look really cute with the denim.

And the Mystery Stole - thank you all for your input and opinions. Most of you agreed with my feelings, which was that the Charcoal (which I had labeled as "Steel" in the pictures... *sigh*) was the better color. The bead opinion was pretty split, and I wasn't sure which I liked better, either, so I swatched:
The bottom repeat has the #901 beads, the middle repeat is without beads, and the top has the #912 beads. You don't see them? Yeah, me either. It looks like they matched the yarn color a little TOO well. Bummer, because I really liked them. That's ok, though - I like the way that the #901's look. And I like the fabric I got on the US3's, so it looks like all I need to do now is wait until the first clue comes out! Think I can get the sleeves done by then? Here's hoping!

ETA: And I completely forgot that I wanted to mention this! I saw on Annie Modesitt's blog (while looking for something else) that her husband Gerry has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma, which completely sucks, to be blunt about it. She has a pattern posted for the "Red Carpet Convertible", and she is using the sale of that pattern to help offset some of the expenses of Gerry's treatment. (If you remember the stories of the knitted Emmy dress last year, this is that pattern). So, if you have a couple of bucks, why not pop over there, pick up a gorgeous pattern, and help a knitter who is in a cruddy situation.

Labels: , , , , ,


At 5:16 PM, Blogger gilraen said...

Looks better with 901 indeed, subtle but glamorous :)

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Adrienne said...

Everything is looking wonderful!

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I think that will look great on the sleeves of a denim jacket!

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Those sleeves are gorgeous.

And I love the stole with the 901 beads. Glam!

At 8:40 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

Using a demin jacket for the sleeves is a brilliant jacket. It's going to look awesome!

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I love the denim jacket with Molly sleaves idea.

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Loves the sleeves! I agree with Bezzie...they would look excellent on a demin jacket!

I'm stole crazy right now!!!

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

Brilliant sleeves! =) - zuma

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Those sleeves are going to look fabulous on a denim jacket. Great idea.


Post a Comment

<< Home