Sunday, June 17, 2007

Remember Zaphod?

To refresh your memory, when last we saw my lovely new Hitchhiker wheel Zaphod, he looked like this:
And now? Well, after a Saturday afternoon with Carrie and her new Hitchhiker Ford, Zaphod looks like this:


And yes, the back of the wheel says "Don't Panic!" What else would you expect it to say? Be sure to check on Carrie today. Zaphod's semicousin (They share 3 of the same mothers, don't you know.) should also be making his debut today.

And because Zaphod was being painted, I didn't get a chance to do any spinning on him just yet. So, I dug out some in-progress handspun from the stash for today's post. This is some Gypsy Girl silk roving that I picked up at MDS&W last year, being spun on a (*gasp*) drop spindle. I couldn't tell you the last time I spun any of it, though.
And yes, Carrie, I DO still have "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish" stuck in my head.

And JavaJem - sorry that these are back on Photobucket. I'll make the switch to fulltime Flickr eventually, I swear. :) Stuff that is going in Ravelry may start getting doubled up to both of them until then.

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Fricking too cool! I remember the dolphins in the movie! :D Coolest wheel I have ever seen. Hands down. You definitely are not a minivan driving wheel owner. More like a top down sports car!Congrats!

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did YOU paint Zaphod? Wow! When I get my hitchhiker can I commission you to paint mine?

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger SarahJanet said...

Hee! I was totally going to say you should rig it up to sing "So Long and Thanks For All the Fish."

We are nerds. But you are a nerd with a beautiful wheel!

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

that's awesome. so very very awesome.

if i got a hitchhiker, it would be arthur, not zaphod. i'm a very dentarthurdent kinda gal. :)

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Kris B said...

Wow, nice paint job.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

YAAAY Zaphod looks awesome :) And that Gypsy Girl roving is lovely. We really do have to get together to spin :)

P.S. Ford won't be up until this evening; there was a birth in the family last night, so we had to take my parents' goddaughter for the night. Incidentally, my mom and I ended up singing "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" to her :P

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Zaphod is a work of art! Congrats - and good work!!

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome bling job there :)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Best wheel ever! Nice paint job.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Oh wow, that looks amazing.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I think I should tell you that when I saw Zaphod's paintjob I squealed and shook my hands. I have converted to a giddy 15 year old. And it's all your fault.

He's so cute!! EEE!

By the way, how much do Hitchhikers go for?

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

O M G -- that is the coolest wheel I have EVER seen. Bravo.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Mag said...

OMG You are the coolest spinnig frood on the block now!

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Very cute!

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Peri said...

Cool wheel and awesome paint job = tres cute!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Thursday said...

WOW, it looks amazing and very "So long and thanks for all the fish."

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

If I weren't already as cool as I am, I'd be jealous of how cool you are.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Finally, I can see it!! Fabulous!! I just love it! Hope to see it in person one day! ;)

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger penny said...

Now if we could just figure out how to make a wheel look like a towel, I'm all over it. Love it!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hadnt checked your blog in a bit. Congrats on Zaphod! Happy spinning!

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO zarkin' cool!! :D Thanks for posting the link at the H2G2 comm @ ravelry!

The ultimate hip show of geekery I've ever seen. ^_^b

 

Post a Comment

<< Home