Friday, June 01, 2007

MDS&W Pr0n - Week 3

As we were in the barn with the shirts and bags and whatnot, we stopped by the Ernsts' booth to drool at the glass knitting needles (So... pretty!!), and we found this:

Optim roving. It's amazing stuff - it's wool, but is treated so that it is almost as fine a fiber as cashmere.
It's so ridiculously soft. There was a reason that Cristi wore some of it around her neck all day, and kept petting it.
I'll probably be dyeing it before I spin it, but for now I'll just keep petting it. It's SO soft...

And after reading that "Seven weird things" meme for the past few weeks and managing to avoid being tagged, CostumeChick got me. *sigh*

So, seven weird things about me:

1. I was a very picky eater as a child, but have managed to overcome that with a very few exceptions. I still cannot eat mushrooms, raw tomatoes, or shrimp. The weird thing about that is that ALL of those are texture issues - the flavor doesn't actually bother me at all.

2. I also can't stand mustard. I can taste the tiniest bit of mustard in just about anything. *shudder* That one IS a flavor thing.

3. I keep my cds and dvds in alphabetical order (Cds are also broken down into categories), and if one is missing, I can generally remember them well enough to know which one it is.

4. My nose does this weird clicky thing where the cartilage at the tip will actually pop and stay off-center. Kris jokes that I'm the first person he has met that can literally get her nose "out of joint".

5. I am painfully shy when I first meet people and have a lot of trouble approaching someone to start a conversation. No one who knows me believes that, though, because once I get to know you I just don't shut up. :D

6. When I eat anything that is in multicolored pieces (M&M's, Skittles, etc.), I always eat them so that I have equal numbers left of each color. Always.

7. I have a weird relationship with memes. Part of me hates them, and a part of me really wants to be tagged because it makes me feel like someone wants to hear what I have to say. Sick, I know.

And now, the tagging:
Betsy
Carrie (sucks to be the new blogger, doesn't it? :D)
Jas
Jenneke
Zonda
and Sarah

And yes, I know that's only six people, but I know better than to try to tag Turtlegirl, and almost everyone else has done this already.

ETA: And I apologize to those of you reading this in Bloglines. One of my feeds has gone all silly and has randomly marked a couple of posts as new or updated lately. I'm not sure what the deal is there...

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger SarahJanet said...

Ha! I do the exact same thing with Skittles, except I eat all the purple ones first (well, not all, but the majority of them), and then eat the rest of them evenly, because the purple are my least favourite.

Yes, I'm weird. But you're weird too! (I also HATE mushrooms and tomatos but I think we've discussed this before.)

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

That roving is like buttah!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

LoL weirdo :P

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I'm so jealous. I need some of that stuff. MOre than the fluff I ended up with. Hmm...what did I do with that anyway?

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Look at that fluff! I always get distracted when someone shows me happy shiny roving. Fluff!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

ooh. Nice soft dyeable (spelling is all off. No coffee) pron! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Now there's more thing we have in common....I can't stand mustard either, and unless I'm dying for chocolate (as I was last night), I tend to separate them into color and make them even numbers. :)

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger holly said...

I am totally with you on #1! For me it's a texture thing mostly too (though I can't stand the smell of mushrooms either)--the thought of the shrimp against my tastebuds just gives me the shivers! Such pretty roving you have.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Mag said...

Wow, don't dye it. It's amazing just as it is.


You? Shy? You? No way. ;-)

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Criosa said...

whoa, I almost could have written that list!

btw, avoid the mystery doritos (black bag, some odd code name) - I swear there's a mustardy taste to them

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

weirdo! j/k ;)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

I do that with skittles & m&ms if I'm alone, I'll stack them in lines and eat from the tallest one first. But if there are other people around, I try not to be so OCD about it. ;) - zuma

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Lindy said...

In regards to #5, I believe you! I'm exactly the same way. I also have to agree with you about #1 as well. My entire family makes fun of me for my picky eating habits, but there are just some things you can't get past. I'm happy to see I'm not the only one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home