MDS&W Pr0n - Week 3
|As we were in the barn with the shirts and bags and whatnot, we stopped by the Ernsts' booth to drool at the glass knitting needles (So... pretty!!), and we found this:|
Optim roving. It's amazing stuff - it's wool, but is treated so that it is almost as fine a fiber as cashmere.
It's so ridiculously soft. There was a reason that Cristi wore some of it around her neck all day, and kept petting it.
I'll probably be dyeing it before I spin it, but for now I'll just keep petting it. It's SO soft...
And after reading that "Seven weird things" meme for the past few weeks and managing to avoid being tagged, CostumeChick got me. *sigh*
So, seven weird things about me:
1. I was a very picky eater as a child, but have managed to overcome that with a very few exceptions. I still cannot eat mushrooms, raw tomatoes, or shrimp. The weird thing about that is that ALL of those are texture issues - the flavor doesn't actually bother me at all.
2. I also can't stand mustard. I can taste the tiniest bit of mustard in just about anything. *shudder* That one IS a flavor thing.
3. I keep my cds and dvds in alphabetical order (Cds are also broken down into categories), and if one is missing, I can generally remember them well enough to know which one it is.
4. My nose does this weird clicky thing where the cartilage at the tip will actually pop and stay off-center. Kris jokes that I'm the first person he has met that can literally get her nose "out of joint".
5. I am painfully shy when I first meet people and have a lot of trouble approaching someone to start a conversation. No one who knows me believes that, though, because once I get to know you I just don't shut up. :D
6. When I eat anything that is in multicolored pieces (M&M's, Skittles, etc.), I always eat them so that I have equal numbers left of each color. Always.
7. I have a weird relationship with memes. Part of me hates them, and a part of me really wants to be tagged because it makes me feel like someone wants to hear what I have to say. Sick, I know.
And now, the tagging:
Carrie (sucks to be the new blogger, doesn't it? :D)
And yes, I know that's only six people, but I know better than to try to tag Turtlegirl, and almost everyone else has done this already.
ETA: And I apologize to those of you reading this in Bloglines. One of my feeds has gone all silly and has randomly marked a couple of posts as new or updated lately. I'm not sure what the deal is there...