Friday, May 25, 2007

MDS&W Pr0n - Week 2

So, while we were making a run back to the car with load #1 of stuff on Saturday of MDS&W, we paused at the Brooks Farm booth. Cristi was eyeing the sock yarns, Jas was schmoozing with a woman she was talking to about carrying her yarns, and as I was looking at the baskets, I spotted this:
The loveliest tonal greens, in a beautiful wool and silk yarn with fabulous sheen, and soft as can be - Brooks Farm Four Play. I reached under the rack (it was in a basket on the opposite side), and snagged one. Jas started laughing as soon as she saw my hand - she said when she saw the hand reaching for the green, she knew it was mine. Apparently I'm predictable on that front.

So, I have 4 hanks of this (just over 1000 yards). I was thinking about a Clapotis, but since I'm already making a ribbon one (you'll see that yarn soon enough), I'm thinking maybe something else. If you have any suggestions, speak up!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

Cozy! I think it would be perfect for that pattern.

I have some Harmony I got at Rhinebeck which is green and brown (there was nothing like it at MD) and I still don't know what to do with it. I'll be watching your comments closely for ideas. ;)

Hope your Memorial Day weekend is fun and relaxing!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

And that stuff is so soft! Of the 5 skeins I got of the peachy color I'm thinking cardigan maybe?

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Adrienne said...

very nice!!!!!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hm, I wasn't blown away by Brooks Farm like everyone seems to be. Maybe I wasn't fondling the right stuff.

Ummmm...what to make? I say stash it and wait til it "speaks" to you!

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, that yarn is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Just lovely.

I cannot wait to see your ribbon Clapotis. I have been searching online for photos of the Clap with ribbon yarn and have had little success, but I imagine it would be beautiful.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Four Play is awesome. I did a scarf in it, in a brownish colorway...a modular scarf. A clap would be pretty too.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

I love those greens--I always think of short cardi patterns when I see solids.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Brooks Farm is so wonderful. I have last years Stitches stash still sitting in my stash..

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Just gorgeous!! Looks so soft and squishy!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Me likey, I love the variations in shade.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jenneke said...

It could just as well have been my hand, were it not that I live on the other side of the world.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

IT looks great. It's a nice grassy green. Kind of like wheatgrass. Yummy.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Mag said...

I love wool and silk blends and the green is perfect.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

A one skein wonder with sleeves and tie wraps, with a picot edge ;)

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the color of your four play. I've got a couple of variegated skeins (different colors), and I'm also stumped as to what to do with them. Could you pair it with something else to make a sweater? Perhaps that's an excuse to buy more!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger costumechick said...

I'm tagging you for a meme! The details on my blog on the May 30 post.
http://costumechick.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home