Wednesday, June 13, 2007

WIPping 'Em Out!

Ok, I THINK this is all of my current WIPs, but I'm not swearing to that. :)

Current project, not a current picture.

This is the "Molly's Sleeves" pattern from Jo at Fruitcats.com. I am making it in Valley Yarns Longmeadow, which is a cotton/microfiber blend. I really like the yarn, and the pattern is great, too. The plan is to have these done for the HP7 book and HP5 movie releases. It's crocheted, so it's moving pretty well. This picture is actually from attempt #1, which was on an E hook. It was too small, so I moved up to an H (The F wasn't enough of a difference, and I didn't have a G). It's working out well now, but I haven't gotten picture just yet. :)

Next, my almost-completed log cabin blanket for our friends' little guy. Three more stripes, and it's DONE!
Of course, once it is done, I have to make the three Norbertas to go with it... They all have to be done by the end of July, when we'll see Ed and Karin and get to meet Sam.

I've been working on my ribbon Clapotis as my car/SnB project.
I'm on the second hank of the three that I picked up at MDS&W - this is Tess Designer Yarns Microfiber Ribbon. Love the look, love the feel, love knitting it. Haaaaate winding it. Total PITA. :)

And, like everyone else in the blogosphere, I'm making a Chevron Scarf.
It's a little further than this now, but it's just more of the same. :D Claudia Handpaints Superwash Sock in "Eat Your Veggies" and "Caribbean Blue".

These socks are based on the Diamante pattern, just without the cabling. (Kris vetoed it)
As such, they are incredibly boring to knit and have been sitting at this stage since, oh, St. Patrick's Day, I think. Knit Picks Memories in "Cape Cod".

And I'm sure you all remember this one. The Palette Fair Isle Cardi.
Wool sweater + summer = hasn't been touched in a while. I might pick it back up once I finish the "deadline" knitting so that I can have it done for the fall.

HushHush. Ummm... yeah. Just sort of got put aside because of the miles of stockinette staring at me. Valley Yarns 3/2 cotton in "Tea Rose". It's gonna be pretty. Someday.

And Kris's Shamrock Henley. No idea why this got set aside. I think it was in favor of the cabled sweater for my Dad for Christmas. I should probably get moving on it again one of these days...
So, there we are. My WIP pile. Hopefully there will be some progress to show next week. :)

ETA: Aw, crap. I just realized that I did miss two projects: the Market Squares bag from "Bags: A Knitters' Dozen" - I can't even tell you offhand where it is at the moment - and my Simple Knitted Bodice. I don't have a decent progress shot of either of them, so you'll have to wait until next week for those.

And yes, I do have a crap-ton of WIPs. *blush*

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

Dear God you have a lot of WIP's. Most of mine are things that I need to finish off (er hu) by weaving in ends (which is worse!). One of these days!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Your WIPs are gorgeous. I'll trade them for my wonky wips.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

All very nice! Glad I'm not the only with ton of WIPs!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yahoo! Beautiful WIP's I'm just so happy! I found a woman with just as many as me!!! (heh, like you a few I haven't posted yet either..gah..I can't find my clapotis....where are you??)

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Holy moley lady! :D Your fair isle sweater is out of this world! You've got spunk kid. lol. I love the chevron scarf and yours looks great.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Jacque said...

All of your projects are just wonderful, but I'm particularly diggin' on your fair isle. i saw that pattern and added it to my one of these days list. I think it's on sale actually, but before I order it tell me one thing. Does it make you go cross-eyed?

Jacque

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Jenneke said...

And you're not the only one... *says the woman with 7 pairs of socks on the needles*

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow. That's a lot of of WIPs. That would make me a tad twitchy. But you're almost done with the blanket--that's got to be the world's longest circular needle you have there!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

You? Are crazy. Yes. :P

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jody said...

I LOVE that fair isle cardigan!! I can't wait to see it finished.

PS - I'm glad you put up pics from flickr - I can't see the ones from photoshop!! (They block it at work!) heehee

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger me-nikk said...

wow... that's all I can say is wow.

I can't focus on more than one thing at a time. Project wise.

xoxoxo

and some day I'll ask you to make me somethin' pretty too!!! Just to add a little more confusing and craziness to your life!!! Cuz I'm like that... always stirrin up a little trouble!

Thanks for you kind words earlier... I love you!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Mag said...

Wow, such beauties! The log cabin blankie is a winner.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I see - you had a different method to your madness - I have only putting one WIP at a time so as not to scare people...

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So tell me how you DID manage to wind the Tess ribbon? I'm still struggling with that one!

Great WIPs by the way--I have a collection also!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Rain said...

You've certainly got plenty to keep you busy!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger V said...

mmmm, I love the colors you're using for your Chevron scarf! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home