Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Dancing with the Stars - Week 8

I'm watching this on my faithful TiVo this morning through a haze of snot. I've gotten nailed by a nasty, nasty cold with an accompanying sore throat. I'm drinking lots of tea and plan on existing on pasta and chicken broth for the rest of the day.

Week 8 - Two Dances!

Ballroom Round:
Ian & Cheryl - Foxtrot - Their chemistry and connection is getting much better. I really enjoyed this number, but I thought the ending with the high kicks was a little... odd. Judges: 22
Joey & Kym - Waltz - Very graceful and elegant. I was a little distracted by that pouf of cotton candy Kym was wearing, though. :D Judges: 26
Billy Ray & Karina - Foxtrot - I think Karina was smart to choreograph this number to a country song. It adds a definite comfort level for Billy Ray, and I think that was clear in his dancing. Easily his best yet. Judges: 18
Laila & Maks - Waltz - Lovely. Just lovely. Judges: 27
Apolo & Julianne - Tango - Fabulous! They managaed to balance energetic and smooth. I really loved it! Judges: 28

Latin Round:
Ian & Cheryl - Rhumba - Good, but not great. Ian seemed a little hesitant to me. Judges: 25
Joey & Kym - Mambo - I feel a little like Len, but I just expect more from them. I was underwhelmed. It was frantic and wild, but not fun or coherent at all. Judges: 29
Billy Ray & Karina - Mambo - What a contrast to Joey and Kym. Billy Ray was awkward and uncomfortable. I know he tried really hard, but it just wan't there. Judges: 20
Laila & Maks - Jive - Bouncy and fun. I could see Laila getting a little tired at the end, though, because her kicks started to get sloppy. Judges: 26
Apolo & Julianne - Paso Doble - Honestly, the Paso Doble has not, as a whole, been my favorite dance so far, but I really enjoyed this one a LOT. Judges: 30

Sadly, I think Ian is going to see the ugly red light this week, along with Billy Ray. And I think it is really, really time for Billy Ray to go home.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your commentary-didn't you feel that the judges were very harsh last night? Particularly against Billy Ray! I'm sure we all feel it's time for him to go, and he's in another league from the rest of the pack. But let's forget about the namecalling and cruel judgements. All they have to say is "not good enough!"

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Len was SOOOO MEAN! I was really getting irritated at him. I didn't hear the comments about Billy Ray... I purposefully chose his routine as time for me to go put my laundry in the drier. I'm glad Apollo got such a great score. But they are being so unnecessarily mean to Ian.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yes, Billy Ray must go! If Ian goes before him I'll be so mad!!! Ian, I think is pretty good! Doesn't deserve the criticism, etc. But, I do feel he'd go soon as I think the top 3 are going to be hard to beat! It's between all three of these! I love each of them for what the bring to the dancefloor! hee, sound like one of them thar judges!

Hugs, and feel better soon! Them darned sheeps got you sick! ;)

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Oh no! It's not fair to be sick when the weather's finally shaping up! Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Snuggle up under one of your beautiful shawls, drink lots of tea, and feel better soon.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Will2bewin said...

I applaud Billy Ray Cyrus for taking a risk by going on Dancing With The Stars and learning the ballroom dances. He contributed a needed sense of realism to the show and tackled each dance with gusto and determination. My personal favorite dance team is Ian and Cheryl. They have so much personality and give each dance 100% effort. Ian is not a professional dancer (like Joey) or a professional athlete (like Apolo and Laila), so he's at a natural disadvantage, but yet he can go toe-to-toe with them in talent. Last week Ian received six straight "9s" from the judges. I hope he surprises everyone by giving his best performances in the next two weeks and capturing the trophy. If you like Ian and Cheryl, please do your part to vote for them on Monday -- vote 4 times for each phone number and 4 times online. Also, Ian has really cool videos on his websites at www.IanZiering.com and www.MySpace.com/OfficialIZ and there you can sign up to receive his fun email blasts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home