Friday, May 11, 2007

Green Pr0n

Thank you for the good wishes on overcoming my cold. It's definitely improving. Maybe tonight I'll be able to sleep without being propped up to prevent coughing. I definitely have my appetite back, too.

This is the last of the pre-MDS&W pr0n I have stockpiled, so you'll have to wait until next week to start seeing the goodies from S&W. :D

Sundara Yarns sock yarn in "Bird of Paradise" - Zonda swapped me this for some Cotton Ease for a blanket she is working on. It's from the Petals collection. I might have to keep an eye out and join next time, if this is an indication of how pretty her stuff is.


Knit Picks CotLin in "Key Lime". This is going to be the Cables & O's Cardi from my new favorite knitting book- No Sheep for You.

Mountain Colors 4/8's Wool in "Mountain Tango". I picked this up at Cloverhill when I went with Carrie and Maryanne. It will be socks, most likely.



And a pile of Tahki Cotton Classic in a variety of (I can't believe I'm saying this) pinks and purples. This is going to be the Bacardi Cardigan from No Sheep for You. And yes, this counts as green pr0n. Why? Because the original sweater is in shades of green and yellow. :D

And I have my very first FO from my S&W purchases to show you, as soon as Kris gets a picture of them. I finished up Cristi's new Red Dwarf Socks in some BMFA STR heavyweight in "Footsey Foo". I'd take the picture myself, but it's rather awkward to get a picture of your own feet.

Happy Friday, all!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

I bought Cotlin for the same sweater! I havent' started it yet because I'm too busy casting on other stuff that I shouldn't be (like afghans and shrugs and socks socks socks).

You inspired me to cast on the ripple scarf from LMKG. I'll be working on that at the mechanic tomorrow.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Avrienne said...

I like your logic on how pink and purple = green ;)

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

Teahee, pinks and purples... nice save on making those count as "green". Girly colors!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the official pics of your S & W haul.
That Mountain Colors colorway is fantastic!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Dude, she swapped you that pretty skein for Cotton Ease? Wow!!!

You'll have to report back on how that CotLin knits up. I hope they don't discontinue it or anything. I'd like to try it out...eventually!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

I'm digging the CotLin. AND the Tahki (pink & poiple of course)
And the Bird of Paradise.

Heck, all of it is booteeful!

Hope you're feeling better sweety!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Beautiful photographs. I'm not woman enough to tackle Bacardi but it's sooo cute.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Fabulous greens!!

Hehe..She just didn't know how much Cotton Ease. ;)

Besides, when one is not too keen on a colorway, she must find someone who is! ;)

Glad you are feeling better!

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

That pron post is so springy. The colors are great and yes, that sundara yarn is gorgeous! :D

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Meg said...

your fiber pictures always make me hungry and ready for shopping! *love*

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Mag said...

The shots of the 'sherbet' yarns are the best ever.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Those greens... don't know why, I've been obsessed with greens, and those are some beautiful pictures. They make a knitter want to go yarn shopping.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Jody said...

I can never have too much green. The more green the merrier!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I think I need to go shopping after looking at your pretty yarn...I can't pick a favorite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home