Friday, May 18, 2007

MDS&W Pr0n - Week 1

So, I thought about posting the loot from MDS&W in the order it was purchased, but I decided instead to just post what I'm inspired to each week. :)

This week's subject was purchased from Mohair in Motion, who were in one of the tents on the entrance end of the fairgrounds. We were walking along, and Cristi saw the sign for their tent, sighed and said "No point in my even going in there." (She has mohair issues.) We were going to just walk past, but I glanced over and something bright caught my eye among the mellow-colored fluffiness of the mohair on their shelves.

I walked over and picked it up, and it just had to come home with me. The bright rainbowy-ness, the shine of the fiber... it wanted to come home with me. So it did. 500 yards of 100% rayon in "Mardi Gras".

I'm not sure what it will be yet, although I am leaning toward some sort of wrap or shawl.

Luckily, she did tell me that if I ended up needing more once I decided what to do with this (it was the only skein there), she did have more back at home, and I could just email her to order some. Obviously, I shouldn't wait TOO long if I'm going to do that, but it's nice to have the option.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Wow, those are some bright colors. I know its not the best fiber for it, but it seems to me that it would be a great colorway for some sort of baby wrap. Of course, if its for you, I say use a pattern that isn't too lacy so you can really appreciate the colors.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

Oooooh shiny! That should work up lovely!

P.S. If you're free this Sunday, it's spinning guild week :)

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Very pretty. I see why that caught your eye!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That photographed so well. Almost as nice as it feels!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mag said...

Mardi Gras is the perfect name for that riot of COLOR! Very nice job to capture it. It's rayon, so it's nice and lite and loverly. You could wear those colors well with your dark hair and eyes.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

There's a party in your stash!!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous colors, and a perfect name too! :)

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm not a big mohairain either. What a find in the midst of all that mohairiness. I like that!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Yup, that's a party in a skein. Just looking at it makes me feel like I'm doing something exciting this Friday night.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Rain said...

That's lovely.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

That is absolutely gorgeously!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

wow! great find, I think it's lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home