Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sooper-Special Pr0n!

I'll get to the photos in a moment, but first I want to say a big YAAAAAY! and congratulations to my dear, dear friend CBear and her hubby, who welcomed their beautiful little girl Elizabeth Noelle ("Zellie") early this morning (Yes, it is still Thursday as I write this).

OK, on to the pr0n. You may be asking what is so special about this week's pr0n. Well, first of all, it's silk! But it's not just any silk - it's silk hankies that I will be spinning to make... er... something. That hasn't been exactly decided yet. But the REALLY special thing? I bought these hankies from the Chief Knittyhead herself - Amy! She was selling off a few spinning things a little while back, and this was part of it. She dyed them, but they weren't quite the colors she wanted, so she decided to find them a home with someone who would love them. :) So yes - I have silk hankies to play with that were dyed by the woman who created the magazine and messageboard that has been a HUGE part of my life for the last year and a half. I'm hoping that there will be something in "No Sheep for You" that will work with these.








And Kris got a new toy this week as part of his plan to eventually make this photography thing a paying gig - these were some of his very first shots with the new camera. I think they are amazingly detailed - that last one became my new wallpaper as soon as he showed it to me. :)

Happy Friday!

Oh, and did I mention, this is my 200th post? Wacky!

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is fabulous!!! Lovely colors and great pics! Good luck to Kris in his new endeavor! :)

I have no idea how you spin a hankie into silk, hope you show us some pics of it! :)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Great pictures and lovely looing silk hankies. Can't wait to see what you create with them.

What type of camera did chris get? It is taking lvovely pictures.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Congrats to CBear!

I love your silk pron. The colors are beautiful! I'm glad they went to a good home! I can't wait to see what you do with it! Nice photo shots to Kris! :)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger chemgrrl said...

Ooooooh. Preeeeeeetty.

(wipes drool off the keyboard)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Faerynuff said...

Gorgeous!

I can't to see how they spin up.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Gorgeous!

Gorgeous!

Gorgeous!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger DeltaDawn said...

Drool is right, though I don't envy all the stretching you're gonna have to do! Pretty colors -can't wait to see what it grows up to be.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

I can't belive those are *rejects* fron Amy's dyepot!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

200th post...wow. Almost as amazing as those hankies. Did you already get the book? I can't wait to see what these hankies look like spun.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Pretty colors, yummy silk!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Good Gawd, those pictures are stunning! I am so jealous of you and your talents....all the knittung you accomplish AND Pantera bread. I'd marry you if we both weren't taken. ;)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

You're killing me with those silk hankies--the color, the texture, the pics. I can't wait to see it spun up. Annnnd knitted!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Look at that yarn! Oooh, that purple is to die for!

 
At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, really beautifull colors. I have a new progress picture of your sock on my blog so if you dare take a look...

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Wow, 200 posts, you chatterbox, you!

The silk looks stunning.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

Congrats on #200!! The hankies are divine.. takes a bit of prep work to spin them, but oh so worth it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home