Thursday, December 28, 2006

Blue Light Special

Oh, come on. I made Brooklyntweed's "Red Light Special" hat in shades of blue and you expected something else?
Kris chose the colors (it IS his hat, after all) - Knit Picks Telemark (which I loved using) in "Snow Leopard", "Icicle", "Colonial Blue" and "Skyline", with a lining in KP Shine Sport in "Cloud". I cast on Christmas Eve morning and finished it the evening of the 26th while watching "Talladega Nights" (dumb, but funny). It's a great pattern, and I really enjoyed knitting it. The stranding and color changes kept things just interesting enough without inducing insanity.

I actually think I am getting to like the whole Fair Isle/stranded knitting thing. My stitches are getting more even,
and my stranding even looks pretty good on the inside!

I picked up yarn to make myself the same hat in (wait for it, you'll be shocked) green
(left to right, "Burlap", "Chestnut", "Pesto", and "Northern Green"), and then I think that once I finish Kris's sweater, I'm going to finally attack the Palette Sampler Cardigan that I've had the yarn for since... um... I have no idea how long ago now. I was a little afraid to start it because of the steeks, but since the class I took at Stitches, I'm not so worried about that. And now that my stranding seems to be getting better, I'm really looking forward to it. Heaven help me!

Oh, and Tom wore his new "We Call Them Pirates" hat to work yesterday. I got a text message from him last night - half the staff wants hats now. :D He's got some ideas for patterns, so we're going to talk about it and work something out.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very pretty--outside and in! I love the throwback Kmart name too! ;-)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger ChestyLove said...

well, I now feel THOROUGHLY inadequate with my knittng prowess, thank you very much, you exceptional knitting tart, you.

I LOVE that mohawk hat. That's gotta be one of the coolest hats evah. And that jumper for you dad? Looks like he was made for it, not the other way round. It's LOVELY. How long did it take you to finish it?

Love your hair, btw. Wish I had the hueavos to do something that radical.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Ali said...

You think your inside stranding is "ok"?!? Good gawd woman, that hat is beautiful, in and out. :)

Your Dad's hat and sweater are awesome. See, my dad would totally wear that hat. :)

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger knottygnome said...

beautiful hat. i love the colors your husband chose.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Love the hats. Can't wait to see what your brother dreams up for future patterns...

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Those greens are going to be GORGEOUS. I love your fair isle work -- I'm so impressed. The pictures of your dad are a hoot!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is awesome! The stranding looks so neat! Good color choice too! Can't wait to see yours! :)

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Wow! That turned out great in the blues!

Hey, if you have enough left over of the greens, wanna whip one up for me too? Thanks a bunch sweetie. Size 22" plzthx. ;)

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful! And I'm so glad you like Telemark because I've been ogling that Telemark sweater on KP for the longest time. It's just $30 or so... I think I may have to splurge.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Rain said...

That looks wonderful, your colour work is so neat.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

Thanks for the link to that hat pattern. It'll be perfect for my dad. Love those natural colors of sportweight you picked out, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home