Sunday, December 17, 2006

I am so glad...

... that so many of you are amused by my father. I told you he was nuts. :D And yes, I've been working on the hat, but no, there will not be pictures until he gets it. I want him to be surprised.

In other news, I promised pictures of the RAK that Ali sent me, and I finally have one for you.
As you can see, the woman went crazy sending goodies to me! There is a pair of candles in "Asian Musk", which smells absolutely lovely, a box of Hazelnut Praline Godiva biscuit, a Godiva chocolate bar (72% EXTRA Dark with Almonds - woman knows me well!), a pair of Swarovski sheep magnets, which are too cute to be believed, a bar of Coconut soap (yummy!), a magnet that says "Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right decision?", and two hanks of Blue Sky Alpacas Cotton, in pale blue and a raspberry pink.

Thank you, Ali!!! You are too sweet, and I meant what I said about hoping to meet you one of these days! I owe you a huge hug for this!!

In other mail news, Mary, Mary had a little destashing goodie bag giveaway a couple of weeks ago. I joked with her that I thought about throwing my hat in the ring, but thought that I had plenty already. She told me to go for it, and tempted me with sari silk. Being the strong-willed type that I am, I completely caved. *blush* This arrived the other day:
The aforementioned sari silk (10 hanks!) and a cloud of undyed mohair, which she thought would make a nifty throw dyed to coordinate with the sari silk and alternating the two. I am seriously considering that idea. Thank you Mary!!!

Finally, yesterday's mail brought me the last package from the BMFA Rockin' Sock Club 2006.
On the left, the December yarn - STR Lightweight in "Mustang Sally" - and on the right, my bonus skein for doing the full-year club - a hank of mediumweight "Rare Gems", what they call mistakes that they overdye to come up with something unique. I got a perfect skein for me - lots of greens with some blues and golds mixed in. I've really enjoyed the club, and I'm looking forward to next year!

And I realized something today. Tomorrow is my two-year blogiversary. I started out over on LiveJournal on Dec. 18 2004, and moved to Blogger on October 10, 2005 so that I could play with the layout and stuff a bit more. (And no, I didn't move the first couple of posts over from LJ. They were completely lame.). It seems weird that I've been doing this for 2 years already!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Too cool! Ali is one cool peep!!!

I like the concept of those "rare gems" very clever!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

2 years! Wow! You're so....old. ;)

And I am completely coveting the Mustang Sally. Wowee.

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! And yes, your dad is nuts. But in a great way. :) Can't wait to see that hat knit up!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blog-a-versary. These things creep up on you. Before you know it your blog will be a toddler and then going to kindergarden :)

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger artemis9976 said...

Happy blogaversary! I don't even want to check and see when I started my LJ ;)

Both of those STR colors are amazing, and I'm trying to figure how how to 'steal' them from my monitor into my hot little hands as I type this

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali is so very cool. The yarns from Mary are also lovely. A throw using both those yarns would be yummy...it would make me want to live somewhere colder just to use it year round. Although I haven't moved beyond the Fuzzy Feet, joining the sock club is tempting...I still have a little while before registration closes.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger aija said...

Hapy blogoversary! :) I love love the mustang sally colorway, my favorite of all the club yarns I've seen on blogs this year :)

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so in love with the last pattern of the sock club. I was so excited that I have already started it! :)

Happy blogaversary! :)

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary - and here's to many more. x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home