Thursday, December 07, 2006

Droolworthy hat

Have you seen this new pattern? Isn't it absolutely beautiful? Brooklyntweed's knitting and photography are both always beautiful, and I am so thrilled that he posted this pattern.

I just ordered the yarn to make two of them - one for Kris in Skyline, Colonial Blue, Icicle, and Snow Leopard, and one for me in Pesto, Northern Green, Burlap, and Chestnut. Obviously, these will be post-Christmas projects, but it's just too pretty to pass up!

Speaking of Christmas knitting, I've got the pictures Kris took of the Cozy I made for his mom.

Neatly folded on my mom's coffee table

Sprawled across the back of the couch so you can see its full length

And, of course, the traditional Kris's-funky-closeup-macro shot. :D (This is the best color representation.)


This was done using 2 hands of Schaeffer Yarns Marjaana (50/50 wool and silk) in the "Renata Tebaldi" colorway. I'm quite happy with how it came out, and his mom definitely seemed to like it as well. She's also a fiber artist, and used to do a lot of weaving, even inventing (and patenting!) a frame for a particular style, so she gets it. Someday, I'll have to see if she'll let us take some pictures of her weavings and post them.

Now to finish the project for my dad. I'm getting there!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger me-nikk said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Your cozy looks beautiful! I didn't realize your MIL was a fiber artist herself!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yay! We finally see the Cozy! Love the colors.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Oh, it is beautiful! I've been waiting to see how that came out for a while! I have two hanks of Marjanna just waiting to be knit into some sort of shawl.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is gorgeous!! Lovely knitting!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

So pretty! The colours are great.

(PS What's Stollen?

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, pretty...one present gifted many other to go. Can't wait to see the rest, Kris's photography really brings out the color and depth of your knits.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Cozy looks so warm and lovely. The colours are fantastic.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raise your hand if you also thought the color was named "Marijuana."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home