Monday, December 04, 2006

Back!

So, you may not have been aware of this, but I've been in Pittsburgh for the past week. Mom and Dad came down for Thanksgiving (which blossomed from just the four of is to include our friends Hyon and Drew, their 18-month-old Clint, and Drew's parents Mare and Paco for dinner as well as our other friends Scott and Dawn and their 6-year-old Justin and 6-month-old Hannah for dessert). Since Mom is still on crutches, I went back up with them to help her with the Christmas decorating at her house. Kris came up this past Friday and we got back last evening.

We also went up on Saturday to see Kris's Mom and deliver her Christmas gift (one of them, anyway - the other one is in the mail to her. :D) - the Cozy I knit for her. It is done in Schaefer Marjaana (50/50 wool-silk blend) in the "Renata Tebaldi" colorway - burgundys and browns and some purples and pinks (pics as soon as Kris gets them off the camera). She definitely seemed to like it, although she did read me the riot act a bit for taking the time to knit her something when I have other stuff to do. I tried to tell her that I wanted to do it, but she still insisted that I didn't need to. Doesn't she know that's the point?

While I was going, Kris was keeping me updated on the hats that were arriving in the mail - there have been over 50 in the last week. I'm hoping to get a few more today and get them shipped out by the end of the week. So far, we're at 156 - only 42 more to go!

And I need to catch up on a meme - I almost forgot Turtlegirl had tagged me. I considered whipping out Mimi, but decided not to this time.

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Grand Opening Coordinator
2. Retail Asst. Manager
3. Box Office Manager
4. Homemaker (hey, it doesn't pay, but it's work!)

B) Four movies I would watch over and over
1. The Wizard of Oz
2. The Princess Bride
3. Serenity
4. The Rocky Horror Picture Show

C) Four places I have lived
1. Pittsburgh, PA
2. Meadville, PA
3. Richmond, VA
4. Bowie, MD
(Interestingly, that's it, other than college dorm life. 3 locations in Meadville and 2 in Richmond, but that's all the towns)

D) Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. Veronica Mars
2. Heroes
3. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
4. Battlestar Galactica

E) I have been on vacation:
1. Florida (Disney World, of course)
2. Wildwood, NJ
3. Myrtle Beach, SC
4. Las Vegas, NV

F) Websites visited daily:
1. Bloglines
2. Knitty Coffeeshop
3. My Yahoo
4. IMDB (almost daily, anyway)

G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Spaghetti Carbonara
2. Meatloaf
3. Cheesecake
4. Beer (Hey, I consider it a food...)

H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In bed, asleep
2. Las Vegas
3. Hanging with my NC peeps - Cristi, Zonda, and Mary
4. Hanging with my MD peeps - Annemarie, Alice, Lila, and the rest of the B&N SnB

I) Four people I’m tagging with this questionnaire:
In the spirit of the holidays and giving, I'm not tagging anyone specific. If you want to post this one, go right ahead! :D

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I have 2 more Christmas gifts to finish and a bear sweater to do before tomorrow then I promise it's all hats all the time until I get one or two done. =P

Glad you're back!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger knitfriendly said...

Welcome back! Good luck with your holiday knitting. :)

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Rain said...

He he, she got me too, but I did this one back in March.

Beer is definitely food!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home