Friday, November 24, 2006

Post-Turkey Pr0n

While everyone recovers from yesterday's food-fest, we here at Katydid Knits (when did I become a "we"?) are featuring soft, soothing alpaca pr0n this week. Specifically, two different colors of undyed alpaca from Stitches East.

First, a color the Yarn Barn of Kansas refers to as "Musk". This is going to be a soft, snuggly sweater for Kris at some point:



And next, the heathered grey alpaca I picked up at Tess' Designer Yarns for a song. (Seriously - $3 for 150 yards. Is it any wonder that it all vanished in about 5 minutes?) This will be something for me. I'm thinking possibly a cardigan, but I'm not sure.



Oh, and since so many of you were amused by my t-shirt idea, I might actually go forward with it. I'll let you know if I do!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Ohhh you guys(hehe!) have done an excellent job on your Pr0n! Lovely fibers that you can see and almost count.. Gorgeous!
Oh, and I'm right there with a shirt! :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I gotta say, it's such a treat to see your pr0n via Bloglines because the photos come through it in such larger than life detail. Wow. Must be the photobucket trick. My flickr photos come across the same size I post them as in the blog. Huh. Gorgeous shots.

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thou hast become the royal we. May I kiss the ring?

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow, Cristi's right, just when you thought pron couldn't get any bigger! There it is in bloglines!!! Yowza!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Yarny pR0ness - yay!


If you need a place for your tees, I have a cafePress account ;)

*mwah*

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Helen said...

i would abso-fab love for you to knit me flowers. The Calla Lilly from the last summer knitty. called-for yarn. i have the colour #s. have yahoo?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/helen_flowers
i will add you!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely lovely alpaca. How I love thee!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh alpaca!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Merry said...

Love the Pr0n, I'll be going to Yarn Barn on Saturday! Enjoy your yarn!
Merry

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger me-nikk said...

darlin' I don't know how to knit...yet, but these are gorgeous photos! I'll write you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home