Monday, August 28, 2006

Since my public beckons...

Hee... yeah, because I have a public. =) Seriously, you guys crack me up.

Anyway, nothing much going on here (No, Cristi, seriously), but I do have a couple of pictures to show.

First - I joined the Monthly Dishcloth KAL, and the mid-month one for August was the first pattern I did. (I skipped the beginning of the month one). Happily, the pattern came out right about the same time that I got some Sugar 'n Cream in a swap. So, I cast on, and a few days later,I had this:
I'm gathering a nice collection of washcloths, which is cool. Happily, Kris likes them and uses them in the shower. So, I'll keep making them. =)

Also, I've gotten two more sets of stitch markers from the swap. The orange ones came all the way from Egeria in Ireland. There was a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate with them, but, um, I must have misplaced it. =) The fishy ones are from Batty. They came with a note that said "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish," which completely cracked me up. Thank you both - I love them!

Other than that, I'm making some progress on the Christmas gifts, and I'm being good about not "cheating" and casting on anything for myself.

ETA - For those of you unfamiliar with Douglas Adams and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, my screen name is a reference to a character, and the 4th book is titled "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish". Hence the markers from dear Batty.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

I love the fish!!!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Your banner is goregous! Absoltuely gorgeous!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Merry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Merry said...

Wonderful colors in the dishcloth!
I like the markers! Fish are fun!
Did you send batty fish? I missed something.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Qeltic said...

LOVE all the stitch markers, and the dishcloth ... but you know my personal preference for the fish! Now, if I could only find some moose markers ....

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

hehe I joined in July and have yet to finish one LOL!! Nice stitchmarkers there:)

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger ChestyLove said...

WHAT? Where are the tiny shrunken head stitch markers I sent you?

FINE. I see how it is. Ha-RUMPH.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Wily Jeneric said...

Absolutely love the fish. I especially like how the loop is formed - different than stitch markers I've encountered. It looks like it will slide very smoothly and make fore effortless marking and knitting.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh those fish are too cool. I got my stitchmarkers from Batty yesterday too. The way she does them is so cool! And yay! I sucked another one into dishcloths!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Rain said...

What lovely stitch markers from both of them.

I love the colour of the dishcloth.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

i. am. so. slow! i didn't catch the hitchhiker's ref at all, which is weird, because i'm a big fan. great screen name. i turned 42 this year, and that was the theme of my party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home