Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hot Stuff!

Why "Hot Stuff"? Because I finished Sizzle!
Here it is, still blocking, but I'm planning to wear it tomorrow and will hold Kris down if necessary to get a picture of it actually on me. I love the way it fits, and if you are at all considering this pattern, I have one thing to say: DO IT! It rocks.

I'm quite proud of myself on this one, actually. Guess what I did on the shoulders? I GRAFTED them. That's right - after my kitchener success on the Pomatomus socks, I decided to go for it, and it WORKED!

Also, in the last couple of days, I got 2 packages from the Stitch Marker Swap.

All the way from Scotland, here are my adorable markers from Shonze, with a nifty postcard and a little bag she knit for them.

And here are the lovely ones from Esther.

Thanks to both of you!! I can't express how excited I have been to get these markers in the mail. Such lovely surprises, and such beautiful and creative work, too.

As far as other knitting progress, the blog may be a little picture-light for a while. I am trying very hard to get my Christmas knitting started, but since some of the recipients read this blog, I don't really want to give anything away.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ooo! Great Sizzle! I've been ruminating on buying that pattern, but I think I'm getting tank burnout.

And I love the stitchmarkers (and the way the picture is posed almost exactly like Turtlegirl's pic of her SMs from Shonze!)

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Qeltic said...

Double Ohhh! You are hot stuff! Congrats and I can't wait to see a pic of you wearing it. Love the stitch markers from Shonze too.

PS - a curly headed wolverine ???? Yeah, it made me chuckle too.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

I wanna see it modeled!!!!! Wooo hooo!!

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

Love the stitch markers! I can't wait to see the modelled sizzle! I don't have the book so I can't figure out what it looks like. *blush*

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

Uhhh.... Duhh....

It's obviously too late.

I know what Sizzle looks like. I got pattern names mixed up.

*double blush*

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Sizzle looks fantastic.

The stitch markers are gorgeous.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see how Sizzle looks on you.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Westozcaat said...

wow

great sizzle! love the stitchmarkers too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home