Friday, May 12, 2006

Quilt Accompli!

Finished the binding this morning! Thank you for all your kind words on the color combination, but I can't take full credit. I actually picked the colors based on the linens Jen and Eric picked out for Renee's room, as seen at Baby Depot. The fabrics for the other quilt are totally based around the ladybug print, because I never did find out how Beth and Mike decorated the room for their baby. I'll be starting the cutting on that one when we get back from a trip to PA to see Kris's mom and my folks this weekend. Luckily, it's a simple pattern, so I can get it done fairly quickly. (And yes, the other quilt will also be a bow-tie pattern. I've made 4 quilts in my life, and all of them were bow-tie quilts for babies.)

Incidentally, the pattern is from the book I used to learn to quilt: Quilting for Beginners. It's a great book for the basics of quilting. Eventually, I really am going to move beyond my little bow-tie quilts. Honest.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Sssarahevt said...

Love it, love it! Great colors, classic pattern. I too have done a bit of quilting, and so bravo on a FO!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Kim said...

It's beautiful Pam!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful!! You did a great job on it...lucky baby! :)

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

I like that bow tie quilt. You did a lovely job on it, hun!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

What a beautiful design, and great colors. You're so talented--a terrific quilter and knitter!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

I am in awe of your talent and skills, as always. :-)

 
At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Oh, I absolutely adore this quilt, it's so gorgeous, and I'm so impressed by your work! Great colors indeed - you did such a great job with it!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Wow that's so pretty, it looks lovely.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger jpknits said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home