Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm Cheating On My Yarn Stash

That's right. I'm cheating on my yarn. With what, you might ask? This:

Yes, I am quilting. I made a couple of baby ones as gifts during a brief foray into quilting about 6 or 7 years ago. (I still have the fabric that was supposed to become a quilt for Kris and I here somewhere) One of the recipients of those quilts was my cousin Jen's little boy Josh. Well, today, Josh became a big brother. His baby sister Renee Nicole was born this morning. (She's the one getting the purple Baby Bolero.) His mom asked me way back when if I would be willing to make another quilt, since Josh still uses his. Of course I told her that I would. I just sort of hadn't gotten to it yet. Heh. Oops. So, the purple and green fabric is for her quilt.

The other fabric is for the other baby about to make an appearance - my other cousin Beth is due to have her baby girl in a month. (The yet-undone fourth Baby Bolero is for her.) So, I'll be cutting and sewing for the next couple of weeks. At some point, I really need to make one for Beth's almost-four-year-old son Joey. I crocheted him a couple of blankets, but I'd like him to have a quilt, too. Maybe that will be the plan for Christmas.

Thank you all for your kind comments on the Prosperous Plum tank. The bolero is coming along nicely. I'm hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow, and get it assembled and blocked on Friday. Pictures soon - I promise!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How pretty. Can you please come fabric shopping with me? I am so bad at putting the colors together.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Pretty fabric-I was just telling J that I need to learn to sew. I once made a quilt in middle school. I still have it but its awful.

Great job on the tank (of course). Can't wait to see how the bolero comes out. I won't make it to the MDS&W but am seriously thinking of coming out for Stitches East.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Karen said...

That green with the purple flowers is adorable!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger GretchenX said...

Hey! I actually am going to MDS&W on Sunday - I'm going with a friend I haven't seen in awhile, so it should be fun. We need to get together again!

I love the tank - what parts of the pattern did you modify, or was it OK as is? It's looking great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home