Saturday, July 21, 2007

Five hours thirty-four minutes

That's how long it took me. I got home at 12:15, settled into the recliner at 12:30, and finished at 6:04. I'm not posting anything about it here for a while (and probably not until after a second reading), because I'm not spoiling anyone.

Thursday evening, Kris and I popped in our copy of HP and the Goblet of Fire, and I worked on the blue Norberta, which I had started at my regular knitting group on Thursday. I got the pieces done by the end of the movie. Friday, I figured I might as well carry on the pattern and popped in HPSS, followed by HPCOS and HPPOA. Finished all the pieces of the purple dragon by the end of COS, so now all I have to do is assemble them. Yay!

I got to Barnes & Noble at about 5, grabbed a table in the cafe, and waited (im)patiently for the mother and 2 kids who were at the only table by an outlet to leave. (Kris was joining me and bringing his laptop, so that table was the only option.) They did, and he got there at about 6. I went over and got my bracelet - my B&N was giving them out with a letter-color combo, and that was how they were calling people up. So, there were about 30 people in each grouping, and they called the green A's, then the red A's, then the yellow A's (Me!). That solved the issue of the HUGE line winding through the store that they had there for HPB. Once I had my bracelet, we settled in at our table. Over the course of the seven hours (I'm insane...) that we sat there, I drank 2 venti Iced Raspberry Mochas (my new fave there) and a grilled cheese sandwich. I am still feeling a little queasy, so I think I may have overdone the caffeine a bit. I worked on my Mystery Stole (the only time I went online since my last blog post was just long enough to print out clue #4), and got through 50 rows. When I decided I was tired of knitting that required concentration, I pulled out the Chevron Scarf, which I need to photograph for a WIP Wednesday - it's my purse knitting, so I don't realize how much progress I've made sometimes.

When I went upstairs after finishing the book, I put it on Kris's nightstand, and collapsed in bed. He woke up slightly and said, "Well?" I said "5 hours, 34 minutes." He stuck his hand out and said, "Tag me." So, he's been downstairs reading since. Hopefully he'll finish sometime this afternoon so I have someone to talk to about it!

Off to catch up on what I missed on the 'net in the last 2-ish days!

18 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately how freakin' cute you and Kris are?!

TAG ME! How sweet and funny and OMG cute!

I got the book at 8am Saturday at Target (no special midnights here in PoeDunk) - and I've gotten to about page 90.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Adrienne said...

I preordered from BAM for my daughter and it STILL isn't here!!! Neither of us is happy right now!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

OMG! YATH! AOTAMML!!!!! OCIDUHOT!

Translation:
Oh my god! You are too hilarious!

All of those abbreviations made me laugh!! Of course I didn't understand half of them!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe! I love it! You two are cool IMHO! ;)

DD's friend couldn't go, so even though we reserved one, we stopped by W-mart to get a card for a BD party she was going to, she was quite worried she wouldn't get one. Walked in there, showed her the pallet of them, only 1/2 gone and she's happy. Darned girl didn't trust us, so she took the book to the party! heh! I'll be patient and wait til she's done..I hope! ;)

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're nuts. But in a good way. I didn't get mine until after 1 am and fell asleep face first in the book at about 2 am. I'm impressed by your time though! You beat me by just under an hour.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

I just love watching other people having good fun over HP!

My poor sister--she's been waiting YEARS for this date (I made her Gryff socks) and it just happens to be THE weekend my parents decided to visit her. She's only got 100 pages done and is under media blackout.

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got home at about 10 after 1, ran around changing into PJs and getting a drink, and then finished at 5:30. So it was just over four hours and I didn't even THINK of going to sleep. Then when I got up I came home to hand it off to Jamie, who is now in bed reading while I read the entire internet after my own two days away.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Got my copy at 12:15 and finished it this afternoon around 1. Man you are a fast reader! :)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

That's so hardcore fabulous... woooooo
You guys are the only ones who I can honestly say "Yay" for your devotion both to HP & each other LOL

:)

Love ya chica!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Whoa, you're fast!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

LoL you are off your nut! But that's awesome. Dammit, I guess I'm gonna have to catch up on the books and get the seventh one...

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger chemgrrl said...

You beat me! I came in at around 8 hours. Not blabbing, but squee! SQUEEEEEE!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger buttercup said...

I'm a slow reader I guess. I got home about 12:50AM and settled in to read a couple chapters. I was sleeping by 2. Woke up and read, and then did errands, home at 4PM and read till midnight. I was so close to finishing but couldn't keep my eyes opened. Finished Sunday AM.

I loved it. That's all I'm saying.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Haha, I sat up and read it overnight too. I had a nap between 3 and 5 though.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

Holy crap! How on EARTH did you finish that book in 5 1/2 hours?

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Tag me" is absurdly cute. Love it. I surfed over from Turtle girl - I'll be back!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Five and a half hours!! Incredible.
You must have totally crashed after that.

Tag me! Pretty damned funny.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

OMG - I can't believe you read it in under 6 hours. I took a full 26! And that's still the fastest I ever read a book of that size. I read the first 3 chapters, but then had to sleep otherwise I wouldn't actually comprehend any of the rest of it. Then I took breaks to run errands & you know eat and stuff. I really wanted it all to sink in, and not miss anything in my haste to get to the ending. Oh, it was soooo worth it though! - zuma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home