Sunday, July 15, 2007

A FO and a New WIP!

So, at my knitting group meetup on Thursday, I finished the Log Cabin Baby Blanket! Amanda even took a shot of me being triumphant with her camera phone:

Triumph

(And yes, I am fully aware that I look like a complete dork)

This gives a better idea of the colors:

LogCabinBlanket

I ended up using 1 ball of the Green, Purple, Periwinkle, and Azure, and just dipped into a second ball of the Blue and Lime. It's a nice size, and I think it will be a good light-but-cozy blanket for our friends' little guy.

Speaking of the B&N group and Amanda, since she finally landed in the area on Wednesday, she was able to make it to the group. And I finally got to chat with Lola, who I've emailed with and talked to on the Knittyboards and Ravelry, but didn't actually get to talk to the last time she made it to B&N.

And to go with the blanket, he is getting a set of 3 Norberta dragons. I started the green one Friday night, and after about 3 total hours of knitting time, I've got all the pieces knit and just need to assemble them.

EmeraldDragonParts

I made two minor tweaks to the pattern. I've seen on other blogs and on the Knittyboard that the spikes that go down the back tend to be too long, so I skipped some of them. I also decided to do the wings with one strand of each of the MC (Green) and CC (Lime) instead of just the MC. I'm hoping to get him assembled today and finish up the last 10 rows of Clue #3 of the Mystery Stole. It is such a gorgeous pattern - I can't wait to see what the rest of it ends up looking like!

15 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

WOOHOO

All kinds of progress going on - very impressive!

:^D

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Mtwelovett said...

Love the blanket the colors are great!!!

Hope you're doing well, since I'm not around the board too much right now to keep up.

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blanket is definitely worth the big grin. Gorgeous! (You AND the blanket!)

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

The blanket is fabulous!! You had a super productive weekend. :)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Great blanket!!

Can't wait to see the Norberti.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

Adorable! You rock! ...dork :P

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Not dorky at all! You have every reason to be proud of your achievement. Great blanket!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Mag said...

You could never look like a dork, you're too damn cute.

The blanket is wonderful. I want a big one just like it!

Looking forward to baby dragon sign. ;-)

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

Wow - that blanket looks great! And I'm excited to see all the little Norberts. - zuma

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Adrienne said...

Great job! LOVE the blanket!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I lvoe the blanket and the colors are great too. Can't wait to see the corrdinating Norberts.

Great FO picture!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love the blanket! good job.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Sssarahevt said...

now that's a great blanket!!! And the matching Norbertas? Fab, just fab!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

so awesome!

I say "dito" to Bezzie

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Ha ha! Triumphant indeed!

It looks lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home