Friday, July 06, 2007

Pre-yarn Pr0n

First, thank you all for your lovely comments on my Molly Sleeves. I'm kind of in love with them, so it's nice to see that other people like them as well.

Now, on to the pr0n! This week, we have some pre-yarn. This is some spinning fiber I picked up at (all together now) Maryland Sheep & Wool. Which means that I've managed to make the S&W pr0n last for 2 months after the festival. :D

This is some merino roving I picked up from Cloverleaf Farms. The color is called "Rose Quartz", and I have 2 braids of it, so 8oz. all together, I think.

CloverleafMerinoRoseQuartz4


CloverleafMerinoRoseQuartz3


CloverleafMerinoRoseQuartz2


CloverleafMerinoRoseQuartz1

Next week will be, I believe the very last of the Sheep and Wool pr0n. Luckily, I've gotten a few other goodies in swaps (ok, and with the occasional purchase), so I shouldn't HAVE to buy anything for YPFs for a while. :D And I still need to photograph a fair amount of my stash for Ravelry, so some of those may pop up here as well.

I'm not quite done with clue #1 for the Mystery Stole, but clue #2 came out today, so I'm hoping to catch up this weekend. I'm really enjoying it so far, and I think the pattern is very pretty. I should have pictures for WIP Wednesday next week. I also discovered that the last clue comes out the day before a wedding we are attending in August. I wonder if I can finish the last clue in a day and get it blocked in time to wear to the wedding...

Have a great weekend, all!

7 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

So, when are we having a spin-in so I can fondle that gorgeous roving???

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Avrienne said...

I have to say, when the pics first loaded in I thought "It's cotton candy!"

/giggle

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Oooh! Gorgeous roving! Fluffy and wonderful, I love it.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

ooh, it's like cotton candy for kniters. Oh wait. Someone already said that.

Maybe if you get Turbo Fingers Turtlegirl to come over, you can get that shawl done in a day.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

You only have one week left of MDSW Pr0n? I have weeks more to go. Heh.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Andi said...

That stuff is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it spun up.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Oh wow! I can't wait to see that spun. It's gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home