Sunday, April 29, 2007

Yeah, yeah...

I suck, ok? I know I do. Cristi suggests we race to see who finishes Tomato first, and I am crazy enough to put sock yarn on the line. So today, she posts this. Yeah, she's done. Want to know how "close" it was? This is where I am:

(That's Lion Cotton Ease in "Popsical Blue" and "Bubble Gum", by the way)

So, clearly I was delusional on this one. Want to know where I was when she sent a text message to my phone last night asking if she should block it before posting her victory? Right below the colorwork. I had NO chance. This thing just moved ridiculously slow. I think I might have shot myself in the foot from the very beginning, though. Looking at Cristi's, I'm thinking this should have ben done with negative ease, and I probably should have done the next size down. That would have given me a few less stitches to do. :) I actually considered ripping back on this one, but I just can't bear to. I've got ridiculous amounts of Cotton-Ease, so I can always do the smaller size on another one if I choose to.

Oh well, if I had to lose to someone, I can honestly say I'm very ok with it being my dear darling Turtlegirl. I'll be happy to present her with her prize sock yarn at MDS&W next weekend (Woohoo!)

I've got an inch or so to go in the "waist" area before I start the increases, and then the bottom of the body and the ribbing before I do the neckline and the sleeves. I've got an idea I think I'm going to play with on that, so it won't be identical to the pattern, but when is ANYTHING I knit?

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I love that color combination! It looks great! Too bad you didn't do the smaller size. You might at least be down to the bottom ribbing by now. ;^)

Heh. You know I love ya babe. Now you know. Never go in against a turtle when SOCK YARN is on the line! A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha a ha ha ha!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

It's cute anyway! :)

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

I love it!! You also answered one of my questions ;) so I'm hoping to be making my own one day soon...Good thing I'm not racing a turtle though!!

Lovely color combination too! :)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Well you get bonus points for wearing yours during progress shots!!! ;-)

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Dk's Wife said...

It will be just a beautiful as Christi's when finished. I love the color!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Well, you get an A for effort, right? Not the same as sock yarn but you'll have a cute top to show for it when you're done. Plus, you can get some replacement sock yarn at the festival.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mag said...

Well, it's not like you had nothing else to do! Looking Good!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger itgirl said...

I think it looks great, though...

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

If it counts for anything, I think it's gorgeous so far. I love the colours.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Yours is a lovely colour combo too. I heard a ruumour she has elves in the closet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home