Wednesday, April 04, 2007

DWTS Elimination and Mid-Week Yarn Pr0n

Wow. I actually called it! Leeza and Shandi in the bottom two, and Shandi sent home! I'm so glad Clyde was safe. I know the judges are pretty hard on him, and I think a lot of his problems stem from the height difference and his rotator cuff issues. His personality is really starting to show while he dances, and I like it.

In other news, I found a contest on a couple of other blogs - 5 Minutes for Mom is giving away one of the new Dyson Slim vacuums. So of course, I had to enter. (And yeah, I know I'm not a mom. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats. I need good vacuum power. :D)

And I've been a crocheting fiend the last couple of days. I went on a Yarn Safari (as Carrie has taken to calling them) this weekend to Cloverhill Yarn Shop with Carrie and Maryanne, and picked up a copy of the new Interweave Crochet. The Boteh Scarf called to me, as did the Cloverhill sock yarn, which is dyed for the store by Mama E of C*Eye*ber Fiber. They also carry some of her roving, and now that I've seen it in person, I understand why people love her stuff. I resisted the roving this time, but chances are good that there will be some in my future.

This is Pistachio Chip:




And this is the Boteh Scarf, so far:



Isn't it purty? I'm almost done with the main part, and then I just need to do the border.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

OOOOH SHINY! That looks great! You're putting me to shame with the mad crochet speed skills. It's ok though cos I've already spun most of the Lavender Fields roving, which my mom has oohed and ahhed over enough to make me agree to spin it for her. I'll have to look for more when I'm there next...

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Oh lovely colorway!! Neat scarf too!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

And now I'm craving ice cream....great! ;-)

I'm also impressed with your crochet skills. But I can't do it so anything crochet impresses me!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

I just love that colour - its awesome. I should be finishing my Jack Sparow socks soon - will send u a link to the photo.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Kris B said...

It is very purty! Nice scarf and yarn.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

It is purty. I haven't crocheted anything other than a baby blanket in ...maybe never? I'll live vicariously for now. Love the yarn.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Rain said...

That's lovely, it's so unusual.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I really like this colorway. I can't wait to see the finished scarf!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Batty said...

I wasn't that crazy about the way the scarf looked in the magazine. But now that I see it in all those pretty greens...

Off I go to buy the magazine and some yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home