Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sock Swap!

Hi Jenneke!

Thought I'd post a progress pic of your socks, so you can see that I really am working on them. :D

Two toes, happily hanging out on the needles:

Obligatory pr0nny shot of the stitch pattern:
It's a fun pattern* to work. I'm enjoying it, and I've got it pretty much memorized (I think I've done 4 or 5 repeats so far), so I was actually able to work on them during "Heroes" last night. (YAY for a continuing-arc show that I can love, since "Lost" now disappoints me so)

So, now I have another question for you: how tall do you like your sock cuffs? Obviously, I'm not there yet, but I want them to be the length you like.

*And Kir, yes, I know that Miss Berardi is cringing somewhere. I'll just give myself a "D" for this post.

Oh - and I forgot. I mentioned it in the last post, but the pattern is "Small Capitals" from Sensational Knitted Socks.

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

What luscious colors! The stitch pattern looks similar to the bell lace pattern I just finished.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Speckel said...

That color is quite lovely. The pattern shows it off nicely! You're making me feel like a slacker, but my yarn isn't here yet, so not much I can do about it. Can't wait to see the FO!

-Stephie26

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said...

Ohh I love that green.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Kris B said...

Love the color, very nice socks.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ooooh, very cool! I love how the pattern is working WITH the yarn and not against it.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

OoooOoooOooo...me like. Hubba-hubba.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Lovely!

What's the pattern, then?

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Oh that's pretty, in fact I think it's some of the prettiest yarn I've seen. It looks stunning knitted up.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Seriously, I can't believe that those socks will go on my feet! They look so so so so pretty. The yarn and the pattern are in sync. And two socks at a time, toe-up, impressive. I usually give my socks a 17 cm cuff, but I won't mind them being shorter or longer. Make them as long as you like working on them.

Greatings from Holland! The temperature is finally going down here. Hope it will persist so I can go ice skating.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

ooh, they look great! Can't wait to see them finished!!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Those are gorgeous!! Thanks for showing me how they look OTN!

Lucky Jenneke :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Nice socks! I'm still not at the point where I can do two at a time, but those are coming out great!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

I think I'm going to have to make a pair! Or if she doesn't like them, send them to me!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Mag said...

I am liking it a lot. Very gorgeous yarn. The GREEN!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I love the color and the pattern. I'll have to go look the pattern up. I see some green socks in my future....

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

Just love the "idea" of knitting two socks at once, but just cannot seem to negotiate the technique.

Lovely pair.....

 
At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, these socks are going to be totally amazing - I *so* love the colourway as well as the pattern! Great work!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

I love the "two toes" shot LOL

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Totally love this pattern but gotta tell ya....I am in love with those cute tiny little stitch markers!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home