Saturday, June 10, 2006

Woo Hoo!

So, after an evening of playing World of Warcraft, Kris remembered that he was supposed to be helping me figure out why my freaking blog was misbehaving. He finally (after a couple of hours of fighting with it) figured out that Blogger is putting a tag at the beginning of my posts which causes things not to flow, and makes either the sidebars or the center column appear at the bottom. He then figured out a way to trick it into not doing that, although I'm not entirely sure what he did. (Something about putting the post in a table, which would then flow, but which would make the non-flowing a non-issue because it would be inside the table? This is waaaaay beyond my grasp of HTML) So, anyway, yay!

Speaking of yay, today (for those of you who do not know this) is WorldWide Knit In Public Day, so I met up with Alice and a few other people down at the City Dock in Annapolis, where we had a lovely time gabbing and knitting by the water on a gorgeous day. I think I may have gotten a little sunburned, but no biggie. I wore my finished-as-of-last-night Ribbon X-Back, which I was very pleased with. I also started a pair of Pomatomus socks with my Socks That Rock, so we'll see how those go. I keep hearing horror stories that they are quite difficult, so I'm trying to be patient with them. So far, I have the cuffs done. I am doing them at the same time on two circs as usual, so I am hoping I won't have too many problems with the pattern.

While we were knitting, Kris was running around Annapolis taking pictures. He even got one of us from across the water:
Left to right, that's Alice, Maggie, Sarah, Kathy, and me. And you can't quite tell from the angle on this one, but my chair legs were about a foot from the edge of the sidewalk along the water. It was awesome. He got some really wonderful pictures of all sorts of stuff in Annapolis. After lunch, we went to Allen Pond Park here in Bowie for some more picture-taking. And now, we're both wiped out and I'm going to go sit and work on my socks. And maybe start my HushHush. =)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, that must have been a fun day!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Sarah has a turtle skirt! I like her!

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Rain said...

It looks like you had a fab day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home