Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Finished in One Week

Okay, I can't believe this, but I finished Kris's pirate socks in one week! Why is this so amazing? Because there is something special at the top of the socks:
Check it out - that's Fair Isle. (Okay, okay - technically it's stranded colorwork) But the point is - I did it! I made it work! And there is enough give that he can get them over his heels!

And check out the detail on the skull! (Guess who found the macro function on her camera!).

One last shot - actually on hubby's feet:
And now I just have to decide what I am going to make with my new Socks That Rock. The pattern that came with the mailing is cute, but not really me, so I'm debating what to do instead. At this point, I'm considering Broadripple, Crusoe, Falling Leaves, and Pomatomus.

Speaking of cameras, hubby finally broke down and bought a digital SLR last night. He's been talking about it for several years, but watching Kir's husband Lionel using his last Friday at Kennywood*, he just couldn't stand it any longer. So, he bought a Nikon D70S, which even I can tell is a lovely piece of machinery. He's going to be playing with it for a while. He might even do a little yarnography to try a few things. =) Once he's got some stuff posted, I'll put up some links.

*Regarding Kennywood - we had an amazing (although decidedly damp) day, and we have a bunch of pictures. At the moment, though, they are on Kris's laptop and I haven't had a chance to upload them. I will - I promise.

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger aija said...

Very, very cool!!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh wow - just - wow.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Totally awesome!! Yarrrr did a great job! :) Bet hubby is enjoying them!!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Those are fantastic ... I'll bet he loves them.

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are awesome!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Those are the cooles socks EVER! Great work!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Fabulous! I like them enough that I almost want to make socks myself.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Avast! Those are some fine stockings ya wench! Yar!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger MBT said...

I can't believe you finished those in a week, they are fab!

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

xulvGreat socks! A week is an amazing accomplishment.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Batty said...

I love those. Adore those. Make sure nobody leaves them anywhere near me, they just might decide to take a walk...

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

I love your socks! Very cool.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

I LOVE those socks! The skull and crossbones on the top are awesome!

DSO has a digital SLR. And he loves it. It's his baby. :P

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Annie said...

So cool!!! Where did you get that pattern? I absolutely love the skull detail.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger String Bean said...

Once again, Trillian, I love those socks! I must make them. If only I could finish my other stuff faster!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are fabulous! Are they your own pattern or did you get it somewhere? (probably could figure it out by scrolling through your blog but it's too early in the a.m. for that)

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Those are absolutely fantastic.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger snowdrop said...

Amazing socks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home