Monday, November 21, 2005

Knitting ADD be damned!

Yes, I have knitting ADD - I freely admit it. I mean, honestly, have you SEEN the list of projects on my needles? Is it EVER less than 4?

Anyway, I've decided that it is time to buckle down and start working on the knitting for Christmas, and stop playing with things for me. If I'm a really good girl, I might get them done in time to start knitting for myself again before we head up to PA for the holiday. Maybe even on the VK Lace and Fair Isle Pullover that I really want to wear for Christmas. (Can you say "carrot"?)

So, I have finished Mom's Clapotis, which I have now decided is going to be a Christmas gift, instead of a "just because" gift. I have to start Dad's Satchel, but I know Kris's didn't take me all that long, so I should be fine on that.

I am also designing a felted purse for my brother's girlfriend Janelle, which I did start last night (although I am re-thinking some of it, so I may be swatching again today). I am doing two other felted purses, one for my hairstylist Jessica, and one for my friend Jeff's girlfriend Nora (my first commissioned project!). I cast on for Jessica's last night, and hopefully will have it done in a couple of days. I have to dye the yarn for Nora's, and I need to get some blue Kool-Aid for that. For some reason, no store in Bowie carries any flavor that is blue, so I have to wait for my Glen Burnie source (hi Jen) to pick some up for me.

And, I have to work on the afghan that Kris asked me to make for his grandmother. I've got one square done (out of 12), and in spite of the mistakes that I made and had to rip out, it didn't take me all that long, so if I can start making them without screwing up, yay!

I'd love to do something for my brother, too, but I have no idea what to knit for him. He lives in California, so he's not likely to need a sweater. I might try to do a hat of some sort, just so he's not the only one without a knitted gift this year.

I'm working on a sooper sekrit project for hubby, which I can only work on while he's not home. I should still be ok to have it done for Christmas, though. (And if he knows what is good for him, he will not click on the link here or under the progress bar that shows the yarn I will be using!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home