Saturday, October 22, 2005

So, just how big a dork am I?

I'm a dork. I freely admit it. I call myself a dork on a regular basis. I enthusiastically embrace my dorkitude.

A few months ago, Kris and I caught part of the VH1 countdown of the 100 Top One-Hit Wonders. I am a total sucker for those kinds of shows - I cannot turn them off. If I find one, I must watch it to the end, no matter what. This list caught my imagination, mostly because a frightening number of the songs are ones that I love. I was also pretty sure that I OWNED a lot of them. I was right. Between Kris's and my cd collection, and the collections of a couple of my friends, I amassed a large portion of the list. However, I wasn't done - it wasn't complete. So I hit iTunes (Yes, I am such a dork that I actually PAY for my music. Such a novel concept in this day and age.), and picked up a bunch more of the songs. Tonight, I checked iTunes again on a lark and picked up 3 more songs. This means that as of tonight, I have on my darling iPod 94 of the 100 songs on the list. I am concerned though, because I am fairly sure that the last 6 songs are going to be real buggers to track down. So, my goal is now to find Gerardo's "Rico Suave", Terry Jacks' "Seasons in the Sun", The Heights' "How Do You Talk to an Angel", David Naughton's "Makin' It" (which I am fairly certain I owned on an LP when I was a kid), Jermaine Stewart's "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off" (HOW is this not on any of my 80's compilations?) and David Soul's "Don't Give Up on Us Baby".

So, yes, I am a dork. An obsessive-compulsive, bad-music-loving dork.

Did I mention that I am listening to the playlist right now? =)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was watching that too!

I remember EMF - Unbelievable. That was my fave that I saw on the countdown. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home