Thursday, November 10, 2005

Random thoughts

So, I finished Kris's socks the other day. They have officially been dubbed his "bowling socks", both because I got a lot done on them while hanging out with him at the bowling alley and because he's going to use the handknitted sock mojo to help with his game. =) As soon as I can get one, I'll post a picture of the finished socks.

So, between finishing the socks and my Kiri, I have added a few more WIP's to my list:

I cast on and knit a row or two of the Swoncho, although I'm in more of a lace mood currently and I think it might be at the bottom of the priority pile for a while yet.

I am still working on the Clapotis for Mom - I started the 3rd ball of the center section the other day, so once that runs out and I start the last ball, I'll start the decreases. That was the easiest way I could figure to decide how many of each section to do. I had five hanks of the yarn, so I did one ball of increases, 3 of the straight section, and then one ball to decrease. It's working out to a nice size.

My felted entrelac tote is kind of in a holding pattern. The last time I picked it up, I had to pull out the last square I had done because I goofed somewhere and ended up with an extra row. So, I'm annoyed at it.

I was waiting on new needles to re-start the Retro Throw, because Denises + Crayon = very VERY frustrated me. So I ordered some Addis (of course) and a few other things from KnitPicks the other day and will be casting on again for the throw, hopefully this weekend.

The Misty Garden Scarf has reached the midpoint, and after consulting with Kris, I have determined to mirror the two halves so that the ends will both be the dark purple. I'll have to see how much I have left over and decide what I am going to do with them. I like the idea of making gloves (since I've never done them) with a matching lace cuff, so I hope I'll have enough to do that.

Finally, I picked up some KnitPicks Shimmer in Misty Morning to do Ene's Scarf from Scarf Style. I was looking forward to doing more lace, and I wanted to try a pattern that started with a million stitches and decreased, since Kiri goes the other way. That way, I'll have an idea of which one I prefer.

I have also decided that I REALLY need to get through some of the projects in my "Waiting in the Wings" list before I buy any more yarn. I have 11 projects waiting to be started, plus the 6 I am working on now. AND I have a commissioned project for a friend to give as a Christmas gift, so that's got to take priority. My challenge going forward is to find patterns to fit the yarn I already have, rather than buying new yarn to fit patterns I would like to do (And yes, I have a list of those, too) And I need to start looking really critically at some of the yarn in my stash and deciding which ones I really want to keep, and which ones I should RAK or swap on the Knittyboards. It's time to begin to let go of some of it, rather than hoarding it all. The yarn will be happier in a home where it is being used, rather than stuck in a cabinet. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home