Sunday, October 23, 2005

DC Knit-Out and Crochet

Went downtown to the DC Knit-Out and Crochet with Jen today, and got to meet another Knittyboarder (Hi Sara!) It was fun, and we saw some really unusual stuff. First, there were the biggest circular needles EVER - apparently they are size 99:
Then, they were demoing Team Knitting - working on an afghan with 4 circular needles, with 4 people knitting at once:
As we walked around, I saw a woman sitting in the Crochet Practice tent, wearing this crocheted poncho. I spotted the Steeler logo on it, and as I looked further, I realized that the whole thing was Pittsburgh-related stuff. I asked her about it, and she said that it was a group effort she worked on with some friends. It was awesome. There was Mr. Rogers's sweater, and Andy Warhol, and Kennywood, and Heinz Ketchup and Pickles. So amazing:
I got a lot of compliments on the red poncho, and several people asked me for the pattern. If any of you found your way here - hi! Leave a comment - let me know you were here.
And of course, after the trip downtown, we hit Stitch DC on the way home for a little yarn shopping. All in all, a good day.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I love the shawl pattern, your shawl and scarf are beautiful!
Lucky you with that yarn from your SP!
My son loves the Trogdor pumpkin!
I was one of the people who want a red poncho like yours. Thanks for writing out the pattern!
You are such a talent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home