Wednesday, August 22, 2007

WIP Wednesday... sorta

OK, I'm cheating a little on today's WIP Wednesday post. My Mystery Stole is 5 rows + the bindoff away from being done (hopefully later today so I can block it tonight and have pics tomorrow), my Clapotis and Chevron scarf both look exactly the same, only longer. So, no pictures.

Instead, I want to bring up a different project I've been working on for a little over a year now - Hats for Alex.* My goal for this year is to collect 250 hats to send. As of today's mail (Thanks, Poops!), I am at 116 hats so far - 46.4% of the way to my goal. The lovely Weezalana has come up with an idea that she hopes will help us get to that goal, and I'll post the details of it here as soon as she does. So, please, if you haven't done so, and you would like to contribute to a project in memory of a beautiful little boy, consider making a hat or two. Contact me, and I can tell you where to mail the hats. And please, spread the word.

Thank you!!!

*For those of you not familiar, I am collecting handknit hats to donate to Children's Hospital in Omaha, NE. They cared for my dear friend's baby boy when he was fatally injured by his daycare provider. You can see more details on the Hats for Alex blog I linked to above.

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Valkryie Knit This said...

I've got a few done, but I plan on knitting some more. Poops kicks butt! I'll never beat that number. Not even close. :)

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

One a week baby....one a week!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home