Friday, April 13, 2007

WIPs, FOs, and the Kindness of Knitties

So, I did actually finish that crocheted scarf that I showed you, and courtesy of the crappy-ass weather we've been having, I've been wearing it quite a bit. Here 'tis:
I also finished the Counterpoint scarf I've been working on as a "Congratulations" gift for my friend Hillary, who is off to NYU this fall for graduate school in the vocal performance program. (Classic Elite Lush. A new fave. It's SO SOFT!)


I've got 2 WIPs I'm carrying with me at the moment. The Chevron Scarf from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, in Claudia Handpaints "Eat Your Veggies" and "Caribbean Blue" (They will be the subject of a future YPF post):

and the Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl from Doris Chan's Amazing Crochet Lace (FABULOUS book - beautiful patterns. You will be seeing more stuff from it here.) in King Tut Cotton.

And finally, a little proof that Knitties rule. I've been working on my Simple Knitted Bodice, and the further I got, the more I worried that I was going to run short on the Berroco Denim Silk I was using for it. The biggest problem with that is that the yarn is discontinued. So, I posted on the board that I was looking for something to work with the Denim Silk to use for the lace bands and the neckline/cuffs/hemline. The wonderful, fabulous, ohsoverysweet Mary Mary came to my rescue - she had some Denim Silk in another color that would work wonderfully with my funky Absinthe green. So, we swapped for it. The package from her arrived yesterday, and in with the Denim Silk (6 of the Creme Caramel, plus one in Carob - any and all leftovers will be combined into something fun), she tucked a little surprise for me.


According to her note, Texas is cracking down on license plate frames, so she thought I would be able to get some good use out of this one. I cracked up! I can't wait to put it on my van. Thank you, sweetie. You rule! And your box will be in the mail tomorrow, I promise.

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That denim silk will look great! Love the Counterpoint scarf! Great looking WIP's too! Cool l. plate cover too! :)

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jacque said...

Everything looks great and my you've been busy.

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

I love the crocheted scarf. The colours are beautiful.

Knittyheads are awesome. Present company in particular. ;)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Adrienne said...

Everything looks great! LOVE the tag lol

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger JessZ said...

All your scarves look great. Your chevron has given me a new favorite yarn combo.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Dude, one more good reason I got the heck outta there!

I'm wowed by your crochet skills!!!! Love that scarf!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

WHY DID YOU NOT SAY ANYTHING TO ME?!? The LYS that shut down (as of 3pm today) had 13 hanks of the Absinthe! I nearly bought it! Argh! Even though I totally think you'll have plenty. Really. The sizing comes out big, I had just as many as you, and had a whole hank left.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh and the Scarfs are kick-ass!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Love that plate cover!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Mag said...

Really spectacular work. I am in awe! I love the crochet scarf. I just saw the pattern for the first time last night as I finally got to my stack of mags, and there is that lovely scarf, I think it's the same one!, in Interweave Crochet. Now, I need to learn to crochet something besides a chain. :-)

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger kemtee said...

Texas -- no sense of humor. It's not like it's anything but the truth! Sheesh.

Keep up the good work, eh?

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Dk's Wife said...

All you WIP are very pretty. Your crocheting is lovely. I just cannot get the hang of crocheting.

I LOVE the license plate frame!

:-)

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the license plate holder :)

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I simply must find a plate cover like that!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

*jealousy* I haven't been crocheting... I'm a bad crafter... Though all the "Lavender Fields" roving has been spun, and I just need to ply it! I have to get that book that you're working from...

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Love the post and the killer shot of the license plate cover--I got it at Scout's Swag, FYI. But that green doily--I could do a whole table cloth in that color!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Ali said...

OMG! That license frame is awesome!!! MaryMary is too, isn't she?

Oh, I'm so jealous of your crocheting skills. I want to crochet!

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looooooove that license plate! I want one just like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home